robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue2112

Rammy Blue said:
Blue2112 said:
I don't think we need RVP and in all honesty if we have a fully focused Tevez alongside Aguero then I think apart from Ronaldo and Messi there's nobody else i'd replace either with. Maybe Mancini has seen and judged Tevez at close quarters and accepts he's now determined to commit himself hence why we've cooled on RVP?

I think it's more to do with us not receiving a decent bid for Edin.

Fair comment. I do think we will make a few big signings still. Khaldoon is no mug and he along with Mancini will be well aware of the need to defend the title whilst pushing on to make further progress in the Champions League this time around. If truth be told i'm not 100% convinced we can rely on the backup of Balo and Dzeko in the same way we can with Tevez and Aguero. Yaya needs some backup aand along with another quality defender I think we'd be finished.

bored at work said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
£220k a week plus a likely £20m transfer fee adds up to £60m for a player that has no sell on value and has been known to suffer injuries.

That smells of panic to me from them.

It would be a good signing if he stays fit but they have spunked £50m on berbatov with no resale value. Hardly the sort of business that glazers are keen on.

If we get Agger and a top notch midfielder then we will compete.

Tevez is like a new signing for us but a risky one!

Guaranteed that this figure won't be included in every newspaper match report like the made up numbers that the mirror, sun, etc like to include about city players.
In fact, Van Persie will soon have risen through the utd ranks and will still be on the same YTS wages as George Rooney

Totally agree...it's Pissheads final hurrah. He knows VP will make them better for the next 2/3 years he is there and then he won't give a shit what they sell him for. Us beating them to the title as well as totally dominating the 2 games between us will have hurt that **** more than anything in his managerial history.....the one good thing is you can't stop the clock and he will be off sooner rather than later.

Having said that I am not sure what marwood is doing other than pissing Mancini off! Our transfer activity has been poor to say the least.

Rammy Blue said:
Blue2112 said:
I don't think we need RVP and in all honesty if we have a fully focused Tevez alongside Aguero then I think apart from Ronaldo and Messi there's nobody else i'd replace either with. Maybe Mancini has seen and judged Tevez at close quarters and accepts he's now determined to commit himself hence why we've cooled on RVP?

I think it's more to do with us not receiving a decent bid for Edin.

I would be a lot more gutted about city losing Dzeko than Van Persie joining the scum.

pudge said:
spam1967 said:
Bilboblue said:
What's you saying three times fuck rvp got to do with it too? Once is enough.

he just keep's getting on my nerves
How, he hasn't said anything since his statement?

he personnaly doesn't get on my nerves.

i'm fed up with a lot of you lot keeping this thread going telling everyone what a devasting partnership rvp and rooney will be.

i haven't got any interest in rooney or the rags, never have done.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United's attempts to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal have stalled.

Van Persie, 29, has 12 months left on his contract at Arsenal and has declined an offer to extend his deal.

"We've made a bid, they [Arsenal] have been trying to negotiate with other clubs," said Ferguson.

"I don't have a gut feeling about it. We can't get a breakthrough with Arsenal."

"I don't know what Arsenal's thoughts are because they're not giving anything away," he told reporters after United's friendly against Barcelona in Oslo on Wednesday.

"It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I can't give you any more information.

"We are trying our best and hopefully it will come our way but there's no progress at this moment in time."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19186547?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/1 ... um=twitter</a>

Ok. Now taking bets. Which of his 2 favourite back-downs will Fergie use when he fails to get RVP?
And no I don't think he is coming to us, nor do I think we need him.
Will it be excuse;
1. I can't believe that any club would pay that much for him. This only goes to show what I said all along, there is very little value in the transfer market because of that lot from over the road.

Or will it be (my particular fav as he has used the former already today;
2. The two clubs had gone some way to agreeing a fee and we had a perfectly acceptable offer on the table for the player, but you have to understand that we have a wage structure and its good business practice to try to adhere to it within reason and when a player is offered the amounts of money that they (the bastards from over the road) have offered him, then its obvious that anyone would go there. he could have come here and taken part in the great history of this club but obviously money is more important to him than pride and success (just like Sami last year)

I have some reliable information that the scum have not even placed an official bid for RVP so they will find it difficult negotiating with Wenger won't they. Once again its all smoke and mirrors to keep their blind followers money rolling through the tills.

I do believe that we will be signing a forward but whoever it is they will have to be able to fill the rather large hole that Dzeko will leave as I firmly believe that he is determined to move on, and RVP (great player that he is) is just not the type of player we will need so stand by for Carvani.

jlc09 said:
Rooney was shit last season? Hardly lol.
I made a point in another thread re Rooney..in a way he was quite poor last season as he performed awfully and I mean damn awfully on numerous occasions...but it doesn't matter in the league because he'll score all the shit penalties and tap-ins (not saying they're not of value) against the poorer teams in the league that united needed to win games. How many utd scorelines do you see that are similar to this.."utd 2-0 QPR (Rooney(p), Scholes)". My mind might be playing tricks but I'm certain there are an awful lot of them. Ferguson singled him out for this post Villa in April.
The other problem is that he carried much of that form into games against better opposition.
As it's results that matter it's up for debate whether he was poor because he scored so many goals but, as much as it pains me to say it, he's got much more ability than just being a goalscorer, he should be a player that makes that lot exciting to watch and brings others into play much more than he didlast season.

spam1967 said:
pudge said:
spam1967 said:
he just keep's getting on my nerves
How, he hasn't said anything since his statement?

he personnaly doesn't get on my nerves.

i'm fed up with a lot of you lot keeping this thread going telling everyone what a devasting partnership rvp and rooney will be.

i haven't got any interest in rooney or the rags, never have done.
Then why did you say, "HE gets on my nerves"?

From the Telegraph ....

Sir Alex Ferguson’s determination to reclaim the title from City, as he enters the twilight years of his managerial reign, could not be clearer. For the United manager to parade Van Persie, while Mancini frets about missing out on a player he had made clear he wished to add to his squad, will be a bold reassertion of Old Trafford spending power.

They have reasserted their spending power over us ....LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.