Robinho

Steviesleftpeg

Just seen that he's going to be playing for Milan v Arsenal tonight.

I personally loved him when he was here (he almost over took my all time favorite of Kinkladze - for many reasons). It got me thinking

- Whats every bodies favorite memory of the guy?

- Would you still have him our team today?

My favorite memory was his volley against West Brom after going 16 (I think) matches without scoring. When he stroked that in the next I genuinely felt like a weight had been lifted from every body in the ground, and everybody was so happy for him.

I would like to think he'd fit into this team today. No disrespect for Nasri and AJ (who are effective players in there own way), but having Silva to slip through balls to him and his ability to curl them in after cutting in from the wing would be mother watering.

His finishing at Milan has been abysmal. Vassell esque. This is standard in the matches I've seen with him:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFIoI924g5Y[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWLARcusw9g[/youtube]

He's a good dribbler but too much one-dimensional to my liking. Not sure where he would fit in our system. He's not better than Silva, he's absolutely no lone striker á la Dzeko due to his size and he doesn't have the finishing or work rate as Aguero. Mix that with his very high salary and no, I wouldn't want him here.

Robinho was not a good signing. Fact.

We are a much better team without him in it - i doubt he'd make our bench today.

My favourite memory of him is the day he left us.

He went missing far too often, didn't play for the team and was not worth the hassle at all.

Loved him too and it was great how against portsmouth swp and ireland etc were playing like brasilians due to his influence. Fav moment though was his curler against Twente, was a stunning goal. But agree he had to go as he was disinterested second season but he'd be better than AJ for sure.

grifter said:
Loved him too and it was great how against portsmouth swp and ireland etc were playing like brasilians due to his influence. Fav moment though was his curler against Twente, was a stunning goal. But agree he had to go as he was disinterested second season but he'd be better than AJ for sure.

Is the correct answer!

Robinho made £160 000 while AJ is on much less, of course there are better players than AJ out there. Question is if we can afford it with the fair play rules, to have seven players making £160k+ as bench warmers.

grifter said:

No he would not. sorry, but you are wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.