Rocket Science

There is a body of thought that says all threads in Off Topic are dog shit...
Says it all when my attempt to stimulate scientific debate with a high quality thread such as this is ignored in preference for a thread about a candle that smells like a fanny and another about dog shit. I often feel that if it weren't for my desperate attention seeking by bumping this thread it would have sunk without trace :-(

A thread for discussion of the science behind getting rockets into outer space. More formally, it's aerospace engineering. The field requires a wide range of knowledge of physics, aerodynamics, mathematics, propulsion dynamics, and other types of science and maths.
All you need is an incentive...
tenor.gif

tumblr_m99cj1qsQm1r5aftqo3_250.gifv

6B63CFBBD54E1ED0CE72FF90FAEED8CA76B3A7F5

Says it all when my attempt to stimulate scientific debate with a high quality thread such as this is ignored in preference for a thread about a candle that smells like a fanny and another about dog shit. I often feel that if it weren't for my desperate attention seeking by bumping this thread it would have sunk without trace :-(
That's why I thought twice. I knew it would be wasted on the philistines on here:-)

Mazzer, don't be downhearted. The lack of quality responses to your excellent thread merely points to the fact that we have (other than me and you) no fucker with any brains in the Cellar, sorry the Sterile zone.

Mazzer, don't be downhearted. The lack of quality responses to your excellent thread merely points to the fact that we have (other than me and you) no fucker with any brains in the Cellar, sorry the Sterile zone.
As soon as Bigg and bmr chipped in I knew the thread was doomed and our fellow intellectuals would be put off.

I once worked in the US with a female colleague who was an Electrical Engineer at NASA. She said there were some real air heads and clumsy ppl who worked there and she discussed that "as a female she had to work twice as hard to be thought of half as good as her peers".
She told me some stories. And as for the first people in space .... she said ... brave ? , mad? and just crash test dummies. Sadly just like a few(?) Cosmonauts before them.. they honestly left knowing there was a good chance it wouldn't end well.

As soon as Bigg and bmr chipped in I knew the thread was doomed and our fellow intellectuals would be put off.

One has certain crosses to bear and sadly yours are BMR and Mr Bigg. At least when they are reading out your lifes achievements as they look down on you, they will be able to say 'But for Biggie and the other one he would have achieved greatness'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.