#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want a direct replacement for fernandinho but don't realize that it doesn't exist we won't get anyone like that who can do exactly what he can do. This forum also has a fetish for pace can't see past it for some reason.
Moreover, our decision making has been showing that we’re moving away from that type of DM.

He lacks any kind of pace, that being said he's great with the ball, he just doesn't fit the way we play IMO. In contrast the game changed yesterday when Bernardo and Fern came on and we started to look a bit like City should do.

Had a good game tonight. Adding Dias and Laporte improved us a lot from last Sunday. Rodri only struggles when our forwards leave runners and don't press as a unit. Add Bernie and Sergio/Jesus and that should help further.

I would love to see the following team become our regular first 11 - Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Rodri, Bernardo, Kev, Sterling, Sergio, Torres. With Steffan, Cancelo, Phil, Jesus, Ferna, Gundogan, Stones & Delap rotated as subs. Add Palmer & Doyle for cup games and I believe we would be back to competing for top spot. Youthful team with plenty of pace and a team that could get us excited again. I could easily see this team capable of those 10 game winning streaks we love so much.

No room for Mendy and Mahrez until they prove they deserve it - harsh maybe, but they both have had extended runs in the team - Coincidently the period where we have become a little predictable and easier to beat. For me Pep needs to start showing his no sentiment side - as he did when he first joined us.
I agree with what you are saying regarding lazy forwards as the first pen in the Leicester game was a half hearted challenge from Mahrez, that drew Garcia into midfield leaving Vardy space to run into behind walker.

This is also a issue for the fullbacks, they have no protection and Raheem is just as guilty, they want the glory going forward but aren't committed to covering the fullback when we lose possession.

For me Mendy had a much improved game yesterday barring the obvious bad touch.

Ederson
Walker-Ruben-Laporte-Mendy
Rodri
DeBruyne-Bernado
Sterling-Aguero-Torres

Is still our best lineup as long as the front 5 work hard defensively after the first 25 mins.

Unfair comparison between rodri and fernandinho considering the fact that ferna played as 6 in a different system and different midfield.That city team played with 2 wingers rather inside forwards consequently stretching the oppo back line and creating space in middle with silva and kevin playing a "free 8" role.

So we previously played a midfield diamond silva,kevin,ferna,delp with walker inside as a extra def midfielder or a 3 wide CB.Our team shape and our midfield structure now is totally different.
Rodri by comparison had to play in front of a woeful back 4 last season

Last edited:
Pretty clear he is on the "shit list" and now regardless of performances will get slagged week after week by the same 15 posters.

Swear there are people on here who must have made 5,000 posts purely berating Stones, Garcia, Gundogan, Mendy and now Rodri.

It seems that way, given he was good at Burnley and I thought he was excellent against Leeds. He started to show a bit of intent to burst forward and play on the front foot

As good as KDB is he had one of his average games, him, Sterling, Foden and Mahrez gave away possession cheaply a lot which led to the end to end nature of the game.

Blaming Rodri after the weekend is the easy yet sadly predictable option.

On a side note I’ve defended Mahrez as much as the next person but he needs benched as he’s offering nowt.

It seems that way, given he was good at Burnley and I thought he was excellent against Leeds. He started to show a bit of intent to burst forward and play on the front foot

As good as KDB is he had one of his average games, him, Sterling, Foden and Mahrez gave away possession cheaply a lot which led to the end to end nature of the game.

Blaming Rodri after the weekend is the easy yet sadly predictable option.

On a side note I’ve defended Mahrez as much as the next person but he needs benched as he’s offering nowt.

Exactly, Foden has been shocking the last two games but there arent 100 posts declaring how he isnt ready or isnt good enough. Him and Rodri are both replacing absolutely brilliant players in the starting XI so the only reason i can see that one constantly gets stick and the other doesnt is becuase people have made up their mind that Rodri is bad and Foden is good. Regardless of what actually happens in the games they will pick out anything that supports their existing opinion.

Before anyone jumps on me, i do not think Foden is shit i am just pointing out the hypocrisy amongst a lot of posters on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.