Rodri charged by UEFA over Gibraltar chant

Much as I love Rodders, Gibraltar isn't Spanish. It hasn't been for over 300 years and the people who live there dont want to be spanish. Since he is being very well paid by a British football club maybe best to keep his mouth shut on this one. It also seems a bit hypocritical when Spain still has so many enclaves in North Africa,

That said, it seems pretty harmless and not worth being charged for.
Probably should have just posted the last bit which is bang on

If it was totally detached from UEFA, I'd agree, 100%. The fact is, though, it happened at their homecoming in Madrid, and they had the trophy there. So, directly or indirectly, UEFA were "represented" there.

Fair point, but it must be open to challenge if Rodri felt strongly enough about it. To the extent it could be argued it’s a deprivation of a right to holding a political view.

Fair point, but it must be open to challenge if Rodri felt strongly enough about it. To the extent it could be argued it’s a deprivation of a right to holding a political view.
To be fair, their rules are quite clear about political displays

Ridiculous. Once again nobody is allowed to have a bit of a laugh because some fucknugget will always find a way for it to be offensive somehow. Was anybody english even remotely genuinely offended by it? I certainly wasn't. The whole world is turning scouse.

Likely just another fine as they constantly look for ways to make some more money. I suspect any potential ban if it went that far would be international only and therefore would actually benefit us in giving him a rest for an international break or two.
I think Uefa would do a decent job of filling a bankrupt nation's coffers - there doesn't seem to be anything they can't make money out of! What a bunch of fuckin' cunts.

At least he’s guaranteed some rest as it looks like we won’t be signing anyone else - he’ll need it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.