Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's down to FFP then paying above the release clause is going to hamper us more not less. In accounting terms, the cost will be spread over the term of the player's contract regardless of when we pay it. If we agreed to pay £50m for a player on a 5yr contract in full today, it'll hit our books at £10m per year. If we agreed to pay £100m for the same player but in installments spread over 5 years, it'd hit our books at £20m per year. And even if we have a transfer ban next year, the cost of existing contracts will hit the books. Net spend doesn't come into it.
That's ok when you are doubling the price I'm sure it will only be a couple of mill extra so over 5 years won't make that much difference, I reckon it's because we have a set buget and don't want a big chunk going out at once

That's ok when you are doubling the price I'm sure it will only be a couple of mill extra so over 5 years won't make that much difference, I reckon it's because we have a set buget and don't want a big chunk going out at once

I was responding to someone who was saying it was down to FFP though.

Hope he takes the 6 and Laporte the 4. Very strange part of me dislikes seeing such iconic numbers go unworn. Gabby finally come around and taken the 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.