Rodri's strike comment

Of course the financials matter.
Without players getting £300,000 a WEEK, maybe they wouldn’t need to have 19 PL games, upto 15 CL fixtures and ridiculous pre seasons in the USA or Australia every season? Just a thought anyway.

Don't give them enough game time they moan, if you give them too much game time they moan. If they play for a successful side they play more games by default although more games doesn't mean more minutes.

We can't lose sight of the very healthy pay they get for running around and being rewarded for what the average person can't do, and this "too many games" bollocks while cramming as many shit international games in per year without a thought for who is paying your wages just wont wash with fans.

Anything outside of your bread and butter you should fuck off if you can't handle it, otherwise get your boots on and earn your million quid a month.

I’ll take that view seriously when you run 13k every 3 days for 10 years with a month off every July.
You make a comment like that and include the word "seriously" PMSL. Not all players run that distance the distance a player runs is dictated by there position, please don't forget substitutions and rotation.

Last edited:
You make a comment like that and include the word "seriously" PMSL. Not all players run that distance the distance a player runs is dictated by there position, please don't forget substitutions and rotation.

You see Rodri get rotated and substituted much?

And as a midfielder he runs more than the average, so you’re right, you’ll need to run more like 13km.

You see Rodri get rotated and substituted much?

And as a midfielder he runs more than the average, so you’re right, you’ll need to run more like 13km.
That's about 8m 10s per kilometer over 90min for and athlete 3 times a week, he's just coming back after an extended 4 week break, my heart bleeds for him.
Rodri is a great player but I doubt he runs 13k per game, I'm going to leave it at that, you are entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree.

Of course the financials matter.
Without players getting £300,000 a WEEK, maybe they wouldn’t need to have 19 PL games, upto 15 CL fixtures and ridiculous pre seasons in the USA or Australia every season? Just a thought anyway.
It’s a valid point but what I’m saying is the financials don’t matter to the actual players who are being burnt out.
Of course the clubs are trying to extract every last penny due to high wages at the top level and the different rules in place but it’s a separate issue.

It’s just old fashioned out dated opinion from those who want to go back to jumpers for goalposts.
There’s absolutely no legitimate argument against players needing more rest in order for them to be at their optimal level.
The financials are usually brought up but don’t really matter when that’s not what the issue is.
Always think it’s mad that Bristol City (great potential) and Preston (historical name) have never played in the Prem.

Funny Rodri getting stick from players who have never played 60+ games at the highest level for last 4 years! Alright for the Arsenal player saying I love it play games and wouldn't moan when he never ever played every game for 4 years at a top level!

I was listening to Alan Pardew on talkshite (and he has been know to talk utter shite to be fair)

However he came up with an interesting suggestion that could work

No single player in a squad should be allowed to be named in the match squad more than 60 times in a season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.