Roman Abramovich dilemma

Marvin said:
if Guardiola wants a rest there's nothing that can be done

I hope Di Matteo gets the job. That will be a triumph of sentiment over rational thought.

RDM maybe a good manager, but he has proven nothing yet. Avram Grant performed similarly when he got them to the Champions league final and then was sacked from West Ham. RDM has just been sacked by WBA.
I think winning the Champions League, knocking out Barcelona, Napoli, Benfica, Valencia and Bayern Munich in their own stadium in the process, qualifies as proving something. Grant got to the final with this squad at the very height of their powers. All he really had to do was let them play the system Mourinho drilled into them and not ask them to try to play like a golden Brazil team.

Marvin said:

I hope Di Matteo gets the job. That will be a triumph of sentiment over rational thought.

RDM maybe a good manager, but he has proven nothing yet. Avram Grant performed similarly when he got them to the Champions league final and then was sacked from West Ham. RDM has just been sacked by WBA.
He has just won the Champions league and the F.A cup. Where have you been for the past month?

IH8MUFC said:
Marvin said:

He has just won the Champions league and the F.A cup. Where have you been for the past month?
The players won it

Avram Grant took them to the final in Moscow. All that's happened in my view is that the alienated older players that AVB was ready to disregard were reinstated by RDM.

How is the caretaker scenario with Avram Grant any different to now? They were a penalty kick away from winning the Champions League under Grant in moscow remember.

Marvin said:
IH8MUFC said:
Marvin said:

The players won it

Avram Grant took them to the final in Moscow. All that's happened in my view is that the alienated older players that AVB was ready to disregard were reinstated by RDM.

How is the caretaker scenario with Avram Grant any different to now? They were a penalty kick away from winning the Champions League under Grant in moscow remember.
I agree with you, they wer lucky as fuck with this champions league win anyway.

If they are thinking about the future, it would make sense to give the job to somebody else. There is no room for sentiment when it comes to these decisions and I think whilst his past with Chelsea helped him succeed at the club would prevent him from having the will to make decisions to replace Frank and Terry and the rest of the old boys in order to make the team title challengers again. Whilst this as good as it gets for a manager in his position, whilst it may be a bit disrespectful to let him go Real Madrid have sacked managers after far greater accomplishments and as RDM is currently Interim Coach he won't have a contact beyond the summer so it technically would n't be a dismissal.There is also another important point to be made in that he is yet to make a signing for Chelsea, he made some good transfers at West Brom such as peter Odemwingie and Youssuf Mulumbu, can he make the right top level signings that chelsea need, although of course history tells us that he wont have full control over transfers anyway.

The problem though is if they don't give him the job is who do they give it to, the right man should be someone who's teams have a similar playing style to the current chelsea i.e counter attacking football and someone who is n't afraid to overhaul the squad but does n't allienate most of the players by the way he goes about it, the problem of course with AVB.

Any rational person would not give him the job.

If the pilot conks out & someone with limited aeronautical knowledge, someone who you clearly wouldn't have trusted to pilot the plane before.. manages to land the plane to it's destination at the end of the journey in an all hands on deck job. Do you then automatically trust them to get back in the cock-pit & to pilot other journeys. lol.. That's how absolutely crazy people are.

It's such a stupid thought. Very, very ridiculous. If I saw myself thinking like that, I'd have a word.

You might be eternally thankful for rescuing all those lives & taking over at the end of the journey. Hell, because of the actual perfect landing, you might suggest, they go get proper training so that they could be a great pilot in the future.

We just had an apprentice trying to manage us. AvB wasn't even a coach under Mourinho all of that time. The only time he coached before that was the National team job at 21, that didn't last for long b/c he was rubbish. Before & after that he did scouting.

He's been coaching for about 5 years proper. I think he learned some stuff at Ipswich & went to Scotland for the training course, but, this is a guy who had very little coaching experience... & BOY did it show.

You then go & want RDM lol. So crazy it's unbelievable.
You can make good tactical decisions like he has done & not be a good coach.

A lot of tactics are about, either stopping the opposition or exploiting the opposition.
they are specific to the opposition & that changes.
these type of things are not how you build a team. Barcelona don't have to bother with tactics for most games because the play they have built is so effective the other teams have to worry about stopping them.

How does RDM get Chelsea to progress in effective playing style. Has he built a philosophy.
Chelsea have already won the Premier League, we've won everything now.
It's no longer about breaking ducks for us. Right now it's about building a progressive team.

With RDM it'd just be the blind leading the blind.
What are Chelsea fans even thinking. They say, they play for him.
That's what they said about Dalglish last year & we saw how Gerrard talked down to him during this season. Dalglish was a foolish sentiment ridden appointment.

Chelsea fans can't claim to want the best for Chelsea or even RDM by wanting him to get the managers job, he's more likely to get sacked.

Who is more likely to be a better skiier someone doing it for 2 days or someone doing it for 2 years. Why would you want him to get the job prematurely, so that he can ruin the legacy of what he has just achieved.

Is it not best for him to go & learn elsewhere, you want another apprentice. It's just beyond belief.

I want a coach that has been coaching for at least 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.