Romelu Lukaku

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't rule out that Pep would somehow make it work with him in the squad. I didn't think that he'd go for fullbacks like Mendy and Walker who aren't particularly good on the ball.
I don't see him playing Lukaku against teams that press high because he usually goes for a false 9 for the build up play, unless he decides to stick him out on the wing for those games.

Against teams who don't press and sit back he wouldn't need to help with the build up much anyway and most likely just be there in the box getting on the end of things. He does have a decent cross as well and is left footed so he could drift out wide to provide a cross now and then.

Watch Inter, Lukaku is a compleatly different player to when he was at the rags, Conte has turned him into an absolute beast scores goals for fun, dribbles past players with power and speed, Finishing has improved and he plays lw , rw and st in all in one game. Drops deeps to build up play hold up play has improved. He is a compleatly different player to the Lukaku of old.

Watch Inter, Lukaku is a compleatly different player to when he was at the rags, Conte has turned him into an absolute beast scores goals for fun, dribbles past players with power and speed, Finishing has improved and he plays lw , rw and st in all in one game. Drops deeps to build up play hold up play has improved. He is a compleatly different player to the Lukaku of old.
Usually not one to scream "farmer league" but we have to remember this is the same league where an 73 year old Zlatan has been one of the outstanding strikers this season.

I did actually rate Lukaku at Everton, but the player he was at United was a laughing stock

I think Lukaku would have a similar impact at City as Negredo. He's definitely not the player he was at the swamp, and has proved that he knows where the goal is. At 27, he's at/approaching his peak. Personally, I think he be a great buy at around £70m.
World class for 6 months then he's done?

That worth £70M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.