Ronaldo's Champion's League Record Vs City

m20.benny said:
he only scores every game cos he takes about 30 shots every game.

Why would anyone manager put up with that indulgence when other players can score with less shots? obviously hes doing something right.

Quite foolish for anyone to blame ronaldo for the number of shots he takes. One needs to understand that the guy is more than capable of beating any keeper in world football even from 40 yards out (and dre isn't a guy n world football who s as dangerous as him from that range)- everyne says this guy takes 7-8 shots per game - but so wat - he is getting d result for his team - and wat people doesn't do is go into advanced stats - its not like he is getting 7 shots inside the box - if he takes 8 shots i would say 2-3 would be inside the D and the rest will be from inside 20-40yards. I'm pretty sure that this is d case since i do watch La liga and last season alone in a lot of madrid's matches he was the difference b/w the sides, scored with some amazing long-range hits/back-heels/headers/scissor-kick (against atletico, vallecano, valencia, betis, sevilla, osasusuna). He was even good for them at the Champions league - he scored against all the opposition he came across and almost took them to the final (scored 2 against bayern n d return leg - missed penalty but kaka and ramos also missed).

Now this isn't basketball to say that his missed shots will cost his team and his team-mates and coach s quite happy 2 c him take dse shots - Also, like Kompany mentioned rarely does people speak about his technique - its one of the most under-rated parts of his game - d way he makes the ball move n d air and makes it also dip from an height and angle - its ridiculous...u really need to c it to believe it...!!!!

Like most of u i too just can't stand some of his antics but that doesn't mean the guy can't play football - and unfortunately for us he is way better than anyone in our team at that....!!!

He single-handedly took atletico apart - note :ds s d same team tht destroyed chelsea and includes falcao and d match was at atletico's home stadium :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4yPCHtxH4[/youtube]

How many players in world football wud b think'n abt dng smethg like ds - let alone dng t...!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Qv2XI3MmY[/youtube]

tidyman said:
It's a game of football.

What does it matter what the competition is called?

We have a squad full of internationals, most of whom have played in major tournements.

If they're not good enough, it's because they're not good enough. Not because they haven't played enough games in a particular competition.

Omg, it's as good as saying the Champions League is the same as the Europa League.

Big Dave Watson said:
Signing Van Persie would have helped.

I think if City are serious to win the Champion's League these are the sorts of players we should be aiming for in the next transfer windows not Ronaldo or Messi level because they won't come but just a level below.. weather we get them or not is another story.

ell said:
So we have a choice of Ronaldo or Messi? Neither will sign for us

Messi will never play for an english club , that's almost certain .... and i should think that if Ronaldo ever came back to these shores , it would only be to play for United again ...... but it's hard to see that happening , not least because , even if they had the chance , i doubt that United would pay an extortionate fee.

Ronaldo will probably move on to Barcelona , America , or back to Portugal , should he quit Madrid.

Reading Vinnie's comments it seems he would welcome Ronaldo at City if it helps the team win trophies and has alot of respect for him. I thought the team would hate him due to his rag connections but he never done anything to annoy me in our game such as diving or winding up our fans after scoring.

Malty said:
Reading Vinnie's comments it seems he would welcome Ronaldo at City if it helps the team win trophies and has alot of respect for him. I thought the team would hate him due to his rag connections but he never done anything to annoy me in our game such as diving or winding up our fans after scoring.

Can we stop referring to Ronaldo as Ronaldo and start calling him by his real name "Ronaldo" or "Trannie" Thank you!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.