Ronnie Biggs

Old man who'll not cause any more trouble or keep him inside and cost the tax payer another few grand each week to keep him locked up.

Pointless incarceration is pointless.

Couldnt really give a flying f*ck if he dies in prison.

However, his case highlights the considerable failures when it comes to sentencing various degrees of criminal.

If I went on a mad rampage and killed 30 children then in the ensuing shoot-out with the police was shot in such a way that I became a quadraplegic and no danger to anyone should I be spared prison or just serve a relatively short sentence?

The bloke was a cocky twat and it's come back to bite him on the arse.

Thanx4Knives said:
masterwig said:
Ran out of money I assume. Or he wanted NHS treatment.

Im not really arsed about him, he's lived a better life than most of us and probably has never done a hard days work in his life. Fuck Him!

Hopefully we've all lived 'better lives' than this old toe-rag. I don't count looking over your shoulder whilst drinking champers by the pool as a happy existence. Like you said though, "fuck him."

Swales lives said:
The establishment have long memories and really do bear a grudge against piss-takers.
That's the only reason they won't let him go.

They know that he'll be on the daytime telly circuit, earning a few quid, and ripping the
piss out of the old coppers he made fools of. He'll die in prison, while they let out rapists
and paedos early to murder children

That sounds about right for the cunts we've got in charge.

pedrospiderpig said:
murderer, lock him up. do the crime serve the time

A stupid post in every way.
Whilst not wishing to trivialise his crime,he is not a murderer.
And,most importantly,he has without doubt "served the time" - in fact he has served far,far longer than any comparative offender you care to mention.
The three criteria of a custodial sentence should be;

1) To punish the offender.This has undoubtedly been achieved.

2) To remove any threat to society.Again,given his frail state of health and time served,he no longer poses any serious risk.

3) To rehabilitate the offender.Arguable whether prison ever manages this,and pointless in this case anyway as most rehabilitation is focussed around job retraining,basic skills and addressing substance misuse issues.None of which are appropriate.

Nothing whatsoever,(other than continued expense to the taxpayer),is gained by his continued incarceration.
The only reason he will not be released is that Jack Straw,(yes,the one who's son received a mere caution for intent to supply drugs),is a spineless buffoon who is more concerned with adverse tabloid headlines than freeing a harmless,dying old man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.