Roof structural engineer needed?

blueskies2

Had my chimney lowered and re leaded last year but it still leaks.

It's causing serious wood rot and needs sorting but I have no idea how to make an effective repair since a so called ROOFER repaired it last year.
I do not want them back.

I think it needs a structural engineer to look at it but I've no idea who to ask or trust.

Anyone got any !serious! suggestions? I would be very grateful.

(Grasscroft area)

Carstairs said:
Is it just me that thinks that asking for structural advice from Off Topic is just asking for trouble?

I an couple of week time Blueskies2's roof in going to cave in and then this thread is gonna head straight to Classic Thread status.

Very helpful thanks.

Carstairs said:
Is it just me that thinks that asking for structural advice from Off Topic is just asking for trouble?

I an couple of week time Blueskies2's roof in going to cave in and then this thread is gonna head straight to Classic Thread status.

perilYak.jpg

Carstairs said:

Why ? There are plenty of skilled and knowledgeable people on here mate and no doubt somebody will be well placed to give out such advice, on all the boards I've been on over the years 'off topic' has been my first port of call for many things many times and have come out trumps along with saving me a packet in the process, it's a great tool to have at your disposal.

Dirty Harry said:
Carstairs said:

Why ? There are plenty of skilled and knowledgeable people on here mate and no doubt somebody will be well placed to give out such advice, on all the boards I've been on over the years 'off topic' has been my first port of call for many things many times and have come out trumps along with saving me a packet in the process, it's a great tool to have at your disposal.

seconded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.