Rooney A Candidate For Ballon d'Or

rickmcfc

This isn't a wind up, he has been chosen as someone who could win it. What the hell has he done in the last 12 months to be included in one of footballs most prestigious awards? Here is the criteria for the award

"The "Ballon d'Or", literally translated as "the golden ball" and often referred to as the European Footballer of the Year award, was an annual association football award. It was presented to the player who had been considered to have performed the best over the previous calendar year"

What a piss take.

It's about advertising the Ballon d'Or. Put Rooney in the line up and it's gets big press in England. Also, put a Rag in it and it gets even more world wide press. Easy really.

Apparently you only have to play for the scum score a few tap ins and penalties and your in contensenion! Frankly it's laughable he even gets a mention for this season! Messi will piss it though

Mind you, he was the only good thing about their team a week ago at the Swamp. Also, did he not carry them through the second half of last season.

No worries though, as he'll get nowhere near winning it.

rassclot said:
on a brighter note aguero has also been nominated.

however, an even more ludicrous nomination is wenger for coach of the year.

That's the one that got me. Ok Arsenal are starting to look steady again but I'm sure the last 6 months/12 months have got to be considered some of the worst of his career at Arsenal. The continued lack of trophies, dropping to 4th in the league, and starting badly this season.

As for Rooney, similar reason must come in. Probably his worst season or half season for a number of years. I wish they had to provide justification for the nominations because I muse be missing something.

malg said:
Mind you, he was the only good thing about their team a week ago at the Swamp. Also, did he not carry them through the second half of last season.

No worries though, as he'll get nowhere near winning it.

Nani and Vidic were far more important to United winning the title than Rooney. You could also argue Berbatov was more important, joint top Premier League goalscorer that season.

But yeah, its academic as he'll be nowhere near winning it. Messi will get it again, but I'd like to see Xavi win it.

Here would be my two lists:

Players: Lionel Messi(Barcelona & Argentina), Cristiano Ronaldo(Real Madrid & Portugal), Xavi(Barcelona & Spain), Andres Iniesta(Barcelona & Spain), Gerard Pique(Barcelona & Spain), Sergio Aguero(Manchester City & Spain), Radamel Falcao(Atletico Madrid & Colombia), Cesc Fabregas(Barcelona & Spain), Mesut Ozil(Real Madrid & Germany), Dani Alves(Barcelona & Spain), Samuel Eto'o(Anzhi & Cameroon), Edinson Cavani(Napoli & Uruguay), Antonio Di Natale(Udinese & Italy), Mario Gomez(FC Bayern & Germany), Papiss Cisse(Freiburg & Senegal), Robin Van Persie(Arsenal & Holland), David Silva(Manchester City & Spain), Neymar(Santos & Brazil), Manuel Neuer(FC Bayern & Germany), Victor Valdes(Barcelona & Spain), Lee Dong-Gook(Jeonbuk & South Korea), Dries Mertens(PSV & Belgium), Vincent Kompany(Manchester City & Belgium), Hulk(FC Porto & Brazil).

Managers: Pep Guardiola(FC Barcelona), Alex Ferguson(Manchester United), Rudi Garcia(Lille), Jurgen Klopp(Borussia Dortmund), Jupp Heynckes(Bayer Leverkusen & FC Bayern), Oscar Tabarez(Uruguay), Andre Vilas-Boas(FC Porto & Chelsea), Roberto Mancini(Manchester City), Massimiliano Allegri(AC Milan), Ricardo Gareca(Velez Sarsfield).

They need to put an English player in to keep the press happy - they get a lot of coverage from us about it if there is one.

TBF Rooney doesnt deserve to be in it, and wont win it - but there arent any better English players they could have chosen.

Wenger is a crazy addition - it looks like they have chosen 2 managers from the top 4 leagues. SAF is an obvious choice, Chelsea manager is chosen because of porto, they dont seem to like city, so that leaves wenger by default LOL!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.