Rooney situation - Let's not forget

jamesib said:
Been winding up every united fan I know about Micah Richards swearing in the interview after the heroic header against villa and getting away with it :)

what most UNited fans aren't gathering is that there is a huge difference between players cursing on the field, which is commonplace in any sport, or even Richards who let one slip in an interview, and Rooney, looking straight into the camera and vehemently cursing at the watching audience.

He deserved the ban, and I would say the same thing if a City player cursed at me watching the TV, and I don't get offended by absolutely anything.

Rahart said:
Obviously it's a plus that he's out. But they'll all work, they'll all put in the effort because the want to win. It's probably the least of their priorities. We care a hell of a lot more than they will I presume.
We saw them work their socks off in the CL game last night. It wasn't just Rooney tracking back, you'd all of them. Nobody was too good for it.

Rooney has started to score again, but the thing about United is if they have a top player missing or playing poorly someone else steps up.
That's what makes them so good.

As for who will start for them, I don't know, and I've given up guessing what exactly Fergie will do. They've a lot of injuries. And he really is impossible. Either inspired or deluded, but seeing the likes of a back going off and putting on Nani, and throwing Valencia back. Mancini would never make a call like that.

They'll adapt. They always do. I'm not sure how much they'll rate this in the list of their top priorities but it's on the top of our list. We can only play what's out in front of us.

The thing that puzzled me is their 'injuries'. All United Players looked to be energised and played like 'energiser bunnies'
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiFQsxGUQOI&feature=related[/youtube]

Park and Rio came back and really looked all perked up. They must have really good trainers to 'rehab' them back. Same thing with Roo after his jaunt off to the States.
Thats an enigma thats puzzling me for a long while to see the rags with all the energies (grit & graft) especially at the tail end of the matches to overpower & overrun their opponents (who looks like mere mortals) to 'gain match highlight points'.
In comparison, to cite an exammple, the Chelsea players looked 'jaded' last night. I am not suggesting anything but am cognizant that we have drug testing in place in the PL. Of course I'm mindful of Kolo Toure failed drug test and of Rio more egregious offence of 'missed' drug test.
On the other hand I have observed personally that NHL & lower league (AHL) players played with frenetic pace and energies. Dick Pound, WADA former head, expounded
“you wouldn’t be far wrong if you said a third of hockey players are gaining some pharmaceutical assistance."[3] Pound would later admit that he completely invented the figure.[4] Both the NHL and NHLPA have denied the claims, demanding Pound provide evidence rather than make what they term unsubstantiated claims. Since his comments were made, some NHL players have tested positive for banned substances, including Bryan Berard, José Théodore, and two of 250 players involved in Olympic testing. As of June 2006, there had been 1,406 tests in the program jointly administered by the league and the union, and none has come up with banned substances under NHL rules. Pound remained skeptical, claiming the NHL rules were too lax and unclear, as they do not test for some banned substance, including certain stimulants.[5] In an interview with hockey blogger, B. D. Gallof, of Hockeybuzz on December 19, 2007, Pound was asked to expand on the 30% comment and subsequent reaction, expounded that stimulants was "the NHL's drug of choice". He also cited that the NHL will have no credibility on a drug policy if it, and other sports, continue to run things "in-house".
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pound_(IOC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pound_(IOC</a>)

The 'in-house' remark is pointedly accurate especially in light of the collective agreement between the Hockey league and the Players' association.

Uwe Already said:
For me, little pea-nus is too lightweight to stand against any of our chosen back 4 and Barbitov needs to be in the right mood - add to that them having a bench with no other real striking options I'm feeling good on this one.

Looking forward to Liverpool as well, c'mon!

Ace.

Andouble said:
jamesib said:
Been winding up every united fan I know about Micah Richards swearing in the interview after the heroic header against villa and getting away with it :)

what most UNited fans aren't gathering is that there is a huge difference between players cursing on the field, which is commonplace in any sport, or even Richards who let one slip in an interview, and Rooney, looking straight into the camera and vehemently cursing at the watching audience.

He deserved the ban, and I would say the same thing if a City player cursed at me watching the TV, and I don't get offended by absolutely anything.

Yeah I agree with you and I have tried to put that point across but of course they won't accept that swearing audibly right into a camera is completely different to fans swearing and players being caught on camera by chance swearing at the ref, which you can't even hear just lip read.
It's just easier to wind them up about Richards haha.

Can't get excited about the semi game until after we have played the dippers. Gut feeling tells me we have always done better against the scum when shrek doesn't play as opposed to when he does.

Not read this but i'll tell you now, rooney wasn't the danger, its nani and giggs who are the dangers in there team, yes we will be better off without rooney playing, but they still have quality we cant overlook that.

One thing is for certain though: We Can Win This Match.

Come On City!

rooney being out is good.
berbatov & that mexican shit don't half put in the work rate rooney does.
which allows more time for our key players, yaya silva & tevez to pick a pass on the ball.
no matter if we win or loose.
we all know every blue will be back to eastlands in the next few weeks cheering on the blues.
which is what makes our fans special

THERES ONLY ONE TEAM FROM MANCHESTER, SO UP YOURS RAG SCUM!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.