Rooney's dad arrested [Merged]

SWP's back

As part of investigation into "betting irregularities"

Hmmmm.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06102011/58/premier-league-rooney-dad-arrested-betting-probe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06102011/ ... probe.html</a>

Wayne Rooney's father and uncle have reportedly been arrested in connection with an alleged betting scam.
Wayne Rooney sr - 0
Related links

Premier League highlights
Manchester United news
Bet on Football - Get £25 Free

Wayne Rooney senior, 48 (pictured), and the Manchester United striker's uncle Richie, 54, were detained when Merseyside police made nine arrests on Thursday morning, according to the Daily Mirror.

Meanwhile, Motherwell player Steve Jennings, 26, was arrested over alleged betting irregularities at an SPL game in December 2010 at his home in Glasgow.

The match in question was a 2-1 victory for Hearts over Motherwell. Jennings was shown a red card with eight minutes remaining of the game at Fir Park.

Merseyside Police said: “Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

“The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.

“Those arrested are a 29-year-old from Bootle, a 48-year-old from West Derby, a 54-year-old from Norris Green, a 26-year-old from Croxteth, a 22-year-old from Kirkdale, a 31-year-old from Litherland, a 68-year-old from Fazakerley, a 36-year-old from Kirkby and a 26-year-old from Glasgow."

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA chief executive, said: "The Scottish FA has received notification from the Gambling Commission that the Motherwell FC player, Steve Jennings, was arrested at his home today by Merseyside Police. This follows extensive enquiries in relation to alleged betting irregularities at a Scottish Premier League match between Motherwell and Hearts on December 14, 2010.

"While the investigation involves several other individuals outwith Scotland, it is important to stress that the evidence gathered throughout this thorough period of investigation has involved only one Scottish match.

"Motherwell FC are aware of the situation and will issue a response in due course. The Scottish FA will make no further comment at this stage."

Re: Rooney's Dad Nicked

Wellsblue21 said:
on SSN now

delete or merge if needed

He should have been arrested years ago for being the dad of that ugly twunt.

Re: Rooney's Dad Nicked

his uncle has been arrested as well.

not accusing rooney of anything ,but that penalty he missed the other week,i wonder what the odd were for rooney to sky a pen,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

them hair implants dont come cheap do they ?.

disclaimer,i am not well at the moment due to an operation and as such taking medication,if a lawyer should read my comments and decide to sue,well i havent got fuck all for starters and secondly i dont know what im doing or saying or typing.

babble babble bleeeeeeeeeeeeeert,see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.