Rooney's England appeal

interpol

Just been listening to Adrian Bevington on 5Live going on about how all the stops have been pulled for Shrek's Euro ban appeal this week. The FA have employed both internal and external legal teams for the appeal.
I cannot believe the fuss being made over this and it sets a dangerous precedent for future bans if they are successful in getting the 3 games reduced.
Where was the time for Mario to rally legal teams for him to launch an appeal between his ban being "earned" at Liverpool on the Sunday and being imposed just 2 days later on the Tuesday?
Makes a total mockery of the rules of the game and if ever there was a case of a frivolous appeal then this is it. He was sent off fair and square....they can't even contest this on the grounds it was a bad decision.....he should just man up and accept he's acting (again!) like a spoilt kid and take the ban.
The FA have acted abysmally here....though shouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised about that.
Truly hope the ban is extended.

I hope the ban is extended. To six. It just reeks of hypocrisy and double standards. The FA couldn't wait to throw the book at him, after swearing infront of the camera v West Ham, now after a worse offence, they're grovelling on their knee's to UEFA about how its so unfair, and it must be lifted. Well, boo fucking hoo. Did City spit the dummy out, and rally legal teams for Balotelli after his red card against Dynamo Kiev, which resulted in him missing 3 crucial games? No, and thats that. Rooney kicked a bloke ffs, violent conduct, a red in anyone's language. I completely agree with what you're saying that it marks a dangerous precedent. Every team that has a player sent off could go down this route, and cite Rooney's case, which just makes a mockery of the rules. Whats the point in having them if you can easily overturn punishments? I really hope UEFA dig their heels in here.

FA give Rooney two match ban for Swearing. FA appeal Three match ban for stamping on a player.

I'll personally come out and say that I believe whole heartedly we will play better without him.

.........and after watching him hack away at Collocini last weekend he has obviously learnt nothing.

Unknown_Genius said:
I hope the ban is extended. To six. It just reeks of hypocrisy and double standards. The FA couldn't wait to throw the book at him, after swearing infront of the camera v West Ham, now after a worse offence, they're grovelling on their knee's to UEFA about how its so unfair, and it must be lifted. Well, boo fucking hoo. Did City spit the dummy out, and rally legal teams for Balotelli after his red card against Dynamo Kiev, which resulted in him missing 3 crucial games? No, and thats that. Rooney kicked a bloke ffs, violent conduct, a red in anyone's language. I completely agree with what you're saying that it marks a dangerous precedent. Every team that has a player sent off could go down this route, and cite Rooney's case, which just makes a mockery of the rules. Whats the point in having them if you can easily overturn punishments? I really hope UEFA dig their heels in here.

couldn't put it better myself.

TCIB said:
I agree with both of you with added rage :)

This.

Hope the pube headed shit gets an extended ban.

When did he last play well for England anyway?

Apparently it can't be extended so thats why they going through all this appeal PATHETIC if you ask me his record in Major competitions is abysmal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.