Roque Santa Cruz

How anyone can defend a professional football club signing and paying, huge amounts of money, for a player who is not fit enough to play the game is beyond me!

I dont care how much money we have, signing RSC was and is a fucking joke!

bluemoon05 said:
He was vastly improved when he came on today and didn't actually make one mistake. The fact that you are still criticising him for this despite him coming back from a long-term injury is beyond belief.

there will always be the nay-sayers, after he's fit everyone will be praising him like they're praising tevez today...just watch, the guys pure talent through and through.

I haven't seen any of his performance today so I can't comment on that but what I have seen so far hasn't been too good to be honest. An £18 million fee and a reported 80k a week and he's still not match fit in December?

That said let's wait and judge him at the end of the season before we write him off totally. Ade goes to the African nations soon so Roque will get his chance - over to you Santa

big blueballs said:
Ricster said:
Is he really a footballer? The way he minces around the field is unbelievable. Surely the £18m-£20m should have been spent more wisely? What did Sunderland get Darren Bent for? Tell you what, even Berbatov looks a bargain compaired to RSC.
don't understand what you are basing this on he has not played enough for me to pass judgment time will tell if he was a bad signing or not
this type of thread reminds me of a time when we signed a certain craig bellamy

I'd love him to turn out to be another Bellamy buy, but cant see that happening. He lacks pace which Bellamy has, his goalscoring record against Bellamy's is not as good, especially if you take out that 1 Benjani season, and Bellamy is a fighter, what i've seen of RSC he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

Ade was hopeless today, once again not a single attempt on goal from the lad, don't know what's wron with him although sick of him going out to the wing for a start.

thought RSC did o.k for his 10 mins, still nowhere near fit though.

mancincali said:
bluemoon05 said:
He was vastly improved when he came on today and didn't actually make one mistake. The fact that you are still criticising him for this despite him coming back from a long-term injury is beyond belief.

there will always be the nay-sayers, after he's fit everyone will be praising him like they're praising tevez today...just watch, the guys pure talent through and through.

His career record suggests otherwise im afraid mate!

mancityscot said:
blueinsa said:
The thought of this guy playing through January instead of Ade is frightening.

£17m for a one season wonder!!!

fair enough, i dont really find it frightening but what really has adebayor done apart from score 2 goals in the past 4 games since his suspension, he has hardly set the world alight, and quite frankly i'm starting to realise the frustration arsenal fans had with him. i'm looking forward to see how he does, the fact he is beginning to get fully fit

Some people cry out for a striker that scores a goal every 2 games. Not us, we slag him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.