Roque Santa Cruz

Apparently City have offered to pay for the medical....

Dr._Riviera.png

The performance at home against Sunderland, probably in 2009, was the best all round performance from an up top style striker that I have ever witnessed in a City shirt.
Didn't lose the ball, set up atleast 1 goal and won every header and challenge against him.

I'm deadly serious, not on a wind-up! Anyone else remember it?

Good luck to him in the sun.

bluecityste said:
The performance at home against Sunderland, probably in 2009, was the best all round performance from an up top style striker that I have ever witnessed in a City shirt.
Didn't lose the ball, set up atleast 1 goal and won every header and challenge against him.

Yeah he did have a stormer but 18m for great game ;)

bluecityste said:

I remember it well. He had been injured since the previous October. We tried to sign him in January but very wisely decided we wouldn't be held to ransom for the full 18m buy out clause, especially because he wasn't fit.

("Obviously") it was a completely different kettle of fish when we went back in the summer and paid the full 18m despite him not being fit between October and July.

Did he get another start? I don't remember. But, yeah, that was a hell of a send off for the guy that signed him. I can only imagine the size of the syringes the medical team used.

As for the best all round performance from an up top style striker? Surely you are overlooking Benjani's absolute stormer at home to Blackburn a month or two later.

Crocky's comments are so vague, it seems like he's joining on loan but...?

"This is the last year of my contract at Manchester, and in December I would be able to negotiate with other teams."

"But now there is a deal between both clubs, so I have travelled to Malaga for the medical tests, and then I will sign my contract."

LoveCity said:
Crocky's comments are so vague, it seems like he's joining on loan but...?

"This is the last year of my contract at Manchester, and in December I would be able to negotiate with other teams."

"But now there is a deal between both clubs, so I have travelled to Malaga for the medical tests, and then I will sign my contract."

Loan or perm....doesn't matter. He is gone and when he completes his loan he will be taken off the official site and not considered a City player anymore. Just like Bridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.