Roque Santa Cruz

greenie_34 said:
Is Bojinov fit yet?

He's playing upfront with Roque and Michael Johnson is making his return.
Can't wait! I've already bought my shirt with 'Ouch, It hurts' on the back to represent all three.

greenie_34 said:
Is Bojinov fit yet?

If ever there was a wasted talent, it was our Val. I think the screw-ups have made him a bit bitter and twisted. Saw enough of him in a few minutes to realise that he was one special talent and if only he'd not got the injuries, he'd have been a cheap Edin Dzeko (but with a good first touch). Has managed to stuff it up everywhere he goes - from Wikipedia -
On 20 January 2012, Sporting CP declared Bojinov persona non grata, forbidding the player from entering the stadium or the training academy, due to his actions in the league Cup match game against Moreirense F.C. that was played the previous day. At 92 minutes Sporting was conceded a decisive penalty kick that would, if scored, give the team the victory. The regular penalty taker for Sporting, Matias Fernandez, prepared to take the shot, but Bojinov took the ball from him, pushing him away and insisting that he would do it, even though the player had never taken a penalty for Sporting, and hadn't scored a penalty during an official game since 2006. He failed to score, infuriating the supporters and Sporting's managers, which have subsequently banned the player on the basis that the player disrespected the decision of the coach and therefore the rules of the club.

Now back playing for CSKA Sofia in his native Bulgaria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.