Rory Delap's throw ins......

anyone know if there is any tickets left in our end for tomorrow night? i can't get through to the ticket office.

jord_theblue said:
anyone know if there is any tickets left in our end for tomorrow night? i can't get through to the ticket office.

Thousands from what i gather mate.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Barcon said:
Hey stoke fan, an honest question for you.
Do you think that Delap should be allowed to have a towel delivered to him for throw ins ?
Or, should he use his shirt like everyone else.

it's a towel for fuck sake, it doesn't matter, he is still going to launch the ball in. It's not like it's a secret weapon towel with a coded message on it to tell him to throw it long.

edit... imagine Pulis' note... ps Rory, throw it in their box.. Love Tony X

Ha ha ha, quality!!! :-)

I find it amusing the amount of attention we get over the throw in. If you watch Match of the Day on a Saturday night you’ll see there are at least another half a dozen teams in the league that use the long throw as a tactic however they don’t get the coverage we do because they are not as good at it.

I enjoy the banter though “cut off his fucking arms” – had me laughing that one did!!!! :-)

It is just a throw in at the end of the day though. Either opposition defenders/goalkeepers get used to defending a ball into the box or they adopt a “don’t put it out for a throw in” strategy!!

WD

whydelilah said:
it's a towel for fuck sake, it doesn't matter, he is still going to launch the ball in. It's not like it's a secret weapon towel with a coded message on it to tell him to throw it long.

I find it amusing the amount of attention we get over the throw in. If you watch Match of the Day on a Saturday night you’ll see there are at least another half a dozen teams in the league that use the long throw as a tactic however they don’t get the coverage we do because they are not as good at it.

I enjoy the banter though “cut off his fucking arms” – had me laughing that one did!!!! :-)

It is just a throw in at the end of the day though. Either opposition defenders/goalkeepers get used to defending a ball into the box or they adopt a “don’t put it out for a throw in” strategy!!

WD

it works though, I remember we were playing a match a few years back and the oppo's were fucking huge, all well over 6 foot. Our manager had it drilled into us not to give away corners, I was playing sweeper at the time and when I got the ball all I could think about was corners, ended up giving away a corner after about 5 minutes. Bang one nil down.

If we think about it too much it will come back to haunt us.

As Mancini said when we played ye first.. shay given, he comma and take!!

I know it's only a towel. But, what if everyone wants a towel? Do we bring in towel boys? What if Tevez decides he wants a towel before he takes a pen because his balls are sticking to his inner thigh? What if O'Shea wants a towel every 10 mins because of possible anal leakage? Cheers for your answer Stoke lad.

Tricky_Rici said:
jord_theblue said:

cheers pal, shame anyway now. i'm going with some mates from my football team and were sat in the stoke end!! haven't we had trouble there in the past? i hate sitting in the wrong end!

Tricky_Rici said:
jord_theblue said:

cheers pal, shame anyway now. i'm going with some mates from my football team and were sat in the stoke end!! haven't we had trouble there in the past? i hate sitting in the wrong end!

whydelilah said:

WD

it works though, I remember we were playing a match a few years back and the oppo's were fucking huge, all well over 6 foot. Our manager had it drilled into us not to give away corners, I was playing sweeper at the time and when I got the ball all I could think about was corners, ended up giving away a corner after about 5 minutes. Bang one nil down.

If we think about it too much it will come back to haunt us.

As Mancini said when we played ye first.. shay given, he comma and take!!

We played a game last season (I forget the opposition now) and their Goalkeeper had the ball at his feet in his penalty area.

One of our forwards began to chase him down and he was all geared up to kick the ball out for a throw in (he couldn’t pick it up and couldn’t kick it up field due the oncoming forward).

The goalkeeper swung his leg back, realised what he was going, physically stopped, turned his body around and deliberately kicked it out for a corner kick.

One of the funnies things I’ve seen!!!!

WD

whydelilah said:

WD

I have no problem at all with the long throw, if city could do it we would!!

we just need to learn to deal with it, it's all part of the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.