Rossendale Blues!

I am his father lol

He and Zak went on a couple of extra trips as the family they stayed with were quite happy to have them as they had got on so well.

Do you still have season cards?

im from rochdale but my dad was born bacup (jesus saying that its like being at an aa meeting) and have lots of family in the valley. I too know father lupton. I know 6 other blues in rossendale area and once met a few lads at bradford away (promotion year 2002 friday night)

squirtyflower said:
yep, I know Father Lupton, shared some champagne after the Blackburn promotion game, and he has borrowed a few City flags off me.

He had one of your flags hanging out of his window one of the days I called, busy preaching the City gospel up in Rawtenstall.

felixbg said:
used to be ... any of you know dave lupton? the priest at st james' the less ... huge blue, used to have to leave games with 15minutes to go so he'd get time in time to do mass. brilliant man

Certainly do know Father Lupton mate. I used to go to St Paul's up the road from Jimmy's and went along with Dave Lupton a couple of times.

Used to live in Rawtenstall (for 22 years) then moved to the wrong side of the Pennines!!!!

Kirkstall Blue said:
squirtyflower said:
yep, I know Father Lupton, shared some champagne after the Blackburn promotion game, and he has borrowed a few City flags off me.

He had one of your flags hanging out of his window one of the days I called, busy preaching the City gospel up in Rawtenstall.

And we never got the buggers back lol!

Grew up in Weir, just outside Bacup. Feck - haven't admitted that to anyone since I left in '89! Used to get dragged to mass at St James when we missed the usual Sunday torture at St Mary's in Bacup (anyone experience Father Twomey?). I remember Father Lupton always going on about football, thinking he was dead cool and wishing I could go to school St James just to play in the football team he ran. Never realised he was a blue though. Might have been a bit more regular if I had!

There was a chippy in Waterfoot in the 80s that used to be run by big Scottish blues - they had team photos etc behind the counter. Used to go there almost every dinner time from school just because they were City fans (pineapple fritters weren't bad either). Anyone know if they're still there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.