Roughest grounds you've been too and biggest scraps!

Debbie was from Salford and her brother was called Tony. They used be part of the general hoolie scene that we were all part of. Meet at piccadilly or victoria station depending on who we were playing. She used to come to Gorton quite a lot as we had a regular ambush of rags if they had a midweek game, anything for a scrap! She moved to Hyde as her mother took over the Queens Arms, Debbie killed herself in 1980 aged 20 or 21. Top City girl.

mostonbluemark said:
One of the most surreal away days i went on was Ipswich. Think it was in the 70's.

Remember getting the Finglands coaches, drinking in the Hardy Well next door, at around midnight on a Friday night.

We actually arrived in Ipswich about 7.00 in the morning. Straight to a Cafe for a bit of breakfast.

To kill time we chipped together for a football and about a hundred of us had a kickabout in the park before the pub opened at 10.30.

Can't remember what it was called, the beer was Tolly Cobbold, in fact the pub might have been called that as well.

Absolutely bladdered as you can imagine as it was a 3.00pm kick off.

Think we lost about 3/4-1 as well, that was a long night/day/night. Anybody else remember this?

Wasn't called that back in the day<br /><br />-- Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm --<br /><br />
totallywired said:
Debbie was from Salford and her brother was called Tony. They used be part of the general hoolie scene that we were all part of. Meet at piccadilly or victoria station depending on who we were playing. She used to come to Gorton quite a lot as we had a regular ambush of rags if they had a midweek game, anything for a scrap! She moved to Hyde as her mother took over the Queens Arms, Debbie killed herself in 1980 aged 20 or 21. Top City girl.

Had it in my head they were from Wythenshawe and I also thought I heard that she jumped from a motorway bridge on to the M56 near the Airport.

Dementia hitting me fast.

mancityvstoke said:
mostonbluemark said:
One of the most surreal away days i went on was Ipswich. Think it was in the 70's.

Remember getting the Finglands coaches, drinking in the Hardy Well next door, at around midnight on a Friday night.

We actually arrived in Ipswich about 7.00 in the morning. Straight to a Cafe for a bit of breakfast.

To kill time we chipped together for a football and about a hundred of us had a kickabout in the park before the pub opened at 10.30.

Can't remember what it was called, the beer was Tolly Cobbold, in fact the pub might have been called that as well.

Absolutely bladdered as you can imagine as it was a 3.00pm kick off.

Think we lost about 3/4-1 as well, that was a long night/day/night. Anybody else remember this?

Wasn't called that back in the day Birch Villa it was back then

-- Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm --

totallywired said:

Had it in my head they were from Wythenshawe and I also thought I heard that she jumped from a motorway bridge on to the M56 near the Airport.

Dementia hitting me fast.[/qu

Hotrocks said:
mancityvstoke said:
Sky Blue said:
She wasn't even big in build, quite nice looking in a tomboy kinda way too!....but I did shit it when she was about!

Did she have a brother? Sure I saw her always with a guy who dressed like her. Denim jackets etc. She lead blues into some big fights.

She killed herself.
Yep she was always with her brother, She used to hang around with Scotty and Brian Slater.

And I`m sure she was from Denton..........kiled herself jumping off a bridge on the M67 I heard.
Yes Deddie did hang around with Scotty and Slater she went out with Scottys mate Carl for a couple of years, very slim blonde girl good looking but had a kick and fists like a mule, she once told me she wished she had been born a boy!!
She had a brother called Tony who was in awe of her but was a decent lad as well, due to their parents being in the pub trade like mine they lived all over Gtr Manc but i think they were originally from Burnage.
Unknown to a lot of people she tried to kill herself on numerous occasions but finally succeded by jumping off a motorway bridge.
RIP Debbie i still miss you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.