Royal Mail delay

Got a very official looking message from Royal Mail today about £1.74 owing for an undelivered parcel from Saturday but the details they wanted seemed dodgy.as they were the sort of stuff useful for setting up false ID.
I rang the delivery office who immediately said it was a scam popular as the moment as so many people are using deliveries at the moment.
Be wary folks.
How does the scam work if the Royal Mail get the money? Genuinely interested.

Sorry, just realized the message you got wasn't from them! D'oh.

How does the scam work if the Royal Mail get the money? Genuinely interested.

Sorry, just realized the message you got wasn't from them! D'oh.
It looked very professional complete with FAQ'S and such, tracking number etc on the first page. Date of birth and other personal details required on the second. I am sure the next page wanted the all important card details for the innocuous small amount.

Posted off a dog DNA kit to Denmark on March 08 and it still hasn't arrived at the lab. I paid £65 for the kit, which included a pre-paid return envelope. As I put it into the postbox I did momentarily think 'shall I get proof of postage for this?, nah, spent enough already'. It still hasn't arrived at the lab and there's no way of tracking it. It's probably in a pile somewhere in the central Royal Mail hub, under quarantine, or it has reached Denmark but is now in a pile somewhere...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.