RSC>Tevez

I think we will play:

----------------------------CF--------------------------
---Robinho---------------------------------------???
---------------------------Ireland-----------------------
----------------Barry-----------------De Jong------------
Bridge----------Kompany----------Nedum-----------Richards
--------------------------Given---------------------------

Obviously personnel could change but that formation is what I expect to see. The ??? could be filled by Bellers or SWP. The CF has to be a good hold up player who can bring Ireland, Robinho and ??? into the attack. They have to also be a threat in their own right. It's crucial we get a good player there.

I suppose I can see the value in that - he would also add to the quality of the squad. But he isn't very commercially viable is he. So for the owners to spend £32m, which is what, £15/20m over his value to get one over on the rags.....actually its well worth it.

johnmc said:
rickyyt said:
I think we've created more goals through the middle this season so tevez.
reckon rsc would need more supply from the wingers?

Get what your saying but we ave had no strikers to put any crosses away.

Tevez just strikes me as grafter. Not worth 32m for me but who is and not my money. If i remeber correctly he went qbout 30 games for WHU without scoring. And for the rags this year he has mainly scored coming off the bench late on or against weaker teams in the carling cup.

Think your right about tevez mate, but i'd be happy if we get him.
We need to sign a few forwards we're still weak up front even though we've got about 10 on the books!
Think robinoho is the only one who can guarentee goals next season at the moment. so letssign a few more!

The key roles we had to fill were the link between defence and attack (Barry) and the focal point of the attack. Santa Cruz is okay but there must be younger, better and less injury prone options out there.

masterwig said:
The key roles we had to fill were the link between defence and attack (Barry) and the focal point of the attack. Santa Cruz is okay but there must be younger, better and less injury prone options out there.

Examples. One "criticism" of RSC is he is a one season wonder - so by that reckoning that rules out Dzeko at the minute. Fabiano is older (i think), Crouch no thanks, Drogba, doubt he would come and older as well.

I can't give an example to be fair. The club has professional scouts who might know some players. I think RSC would be a good signing short term.

rickyyt said:
I think we've created more goals through the middle this season so tevez.
reckon rsc would need more supply from the wingers?

Hopefully that'll come from a fitter and stronger Petrov and an improved SWP.

You only have to look how he benefited from Gamst Pedersen and Bentley to know that he could be a real success.

masterwig said:
I can't give an example to be fair. The club has professional scouts who might know some players. I think RSC would be a good signing short term.

Come on, scouts are for youngsters and overseas players we know little about. Any target man that would be a sucess in the prem will be someone you have heard off i guarantee

for the way we play at the moment drogba would be the ideal centre forward then eto.
rsc or crouch could do a short term job

I'd heard of Torres before Liverpool signed him but I'd hardly seen him play and couldn't have predicted he'd succeed. Same with Santa Cruz to be honest.

Adebayor is a player I'd pull out all the stops to get because there have been rumours of unrest. That Benzema is supposed to be good but I have barely seen him play so I don't know really.

Santa Cruz is a good player and an improvement on what we have no doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.