Rugby World Cup 2023

Was great having Vermeulen at Ulster for the time we did….looking forward to the most Irish looking springbok joining us soon at Ulster :)

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 10
South Africa and New Zealand improved as competition progressed.
Neither of the teams topped their qualifying groups but beat the group winners in the quarters.

Thank God that's over. Went on for too long with all the unnecessary "Player Welfare Breaks", and not just between phases..... then there was the most dullest final I've seen what with just the one try, missed kicks that will be on those players lives forever and on top of that Wayne Barnes trying to steal the limelight with his constant instructions to the players and explaining everything in ridiculous complex sentences trying to sound clever, only to end up sounding like a dick.

The only memory from this tournament for me is Portugal putting on such a great showing and winning a game while they were at it.

Imagine if the advantage rule was used in football..... A foul is committed by the defending team while a goalscoring opportunity is denied, the referee shouts "advantage!" and the goal is not scored. As a result we go back and a free kick is awarded where the foul took place.

It just would not work and there would be an uproar.

Congratulations to SA, I'm not a fan of the way they play but it is successful.

Well done to the ABs too, keeping SA scoreless in the second half when down to 14 men for all of it was some effort.

NZ is in mourning now, with most of their ire directed at Barnes, who I thought had a very good game.

Personally, I thought the Frizzel yellow was harsh.

Barnes seeing the replay of the incident apologised to Savea for incorrectly awarding a penalty to SA, which turned out to be the points that won the game.

He also could easily have awarded a scrum penalty to NZ at the end, instead choosing to reset it and the next time Faf didn't 'faff' about putting it in that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.