rum...ron

Ron Diplomatico which is from Venezuela is the best I've had so far. It's about £40 a bottle depending where you get it but I could happily drink it neat.

I've been drinking rum for years now and nothing beats Brugal from the Dominican, there are 2 varieties of it, make sure you buy the bottle with the net on it, thats the premium selection, very mild and smooth as heck.

I see everyone has their own favourites, the reason I say abuelo is the best is because it smells of sugar cane and it tastes of it, now there are of course some great 15-20 yr old rums available, but they do not taste of cane, and , to me, that is what they should taste of

I love rum. Ron Zacapa from Guatemala is excellent as is Eldorado from Guyana. (Various ages available). Diplomatico from Venezuela is like a fine cognac and deifinitely must not be mixed with anything. I also like Gosling's Black Seal from Bermuda and Pussers Gunpowder Proof which at 54.5% is the original strength as supplied to Royal Navy personnel until 1970 but which is no longer allowed on Royal Navy property as is any booze over 40%. The Blue Label at 40% is what they now have in the messes. Having said that most of the locals in the English speaking Caribbean prefer Mount Gay (pronounced 'Mongay').

any other rum drinkers here?
the best is abuelo from panama, flor de cana fron Nicaragua is decent and the expensive one from guatamala is superb. captain morgan is dogshit, as is Cuban rum, Jamaica does some decent ones.. any favourites??
mass produced and available, ron zacapa 23 thread closed, honourable mentions, Havana 7 and havana blue, flor de cana, goslings,& kraken drunk rum religiously for 10 odd years, i am the oracle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.