Rumbelows Sprint Challenge

Kevcod said:
Bluearmy said:
he didnt win.. that tall guy from coventry won it i think.. John Williams i think

I think you're right....didn't he used to be a postman before he was a footballer?

Think so...!!! Amazing what shit u remember, and the important stuff u cant!!!

Kevcod said:
Bluearmy said:
he didnt win.. that tall guy from coventry won it i think.. John Williams i think

I think you're right....didn't he used to be a postman before he was a footballer?

The tall black guy from Swansea. He was not famous so I doubt many people would know his work history.

I can't believe I remember this but I recall Curle had a heavy cold on the day of the semi's and that is why he ran so poorly.

I seem to remember "We've got that Terry Phelan" running in this as well or is that just my imagination?

Reckon we'd enter Ned or Petrov if it was to happen now.

i remember the rumbelows cup, i was employee of the year at the time, and used to get invited to loads of matches in the directors box. was only 19/20 at the time. still got a programme from city of me presenting david white with the man of the match sony tv!!!

at the fans forum the other week was gonna ask hughes if he remembered me putting his sony tv in his porsche !!! he came to pick it up from rumbelows in stretford. i actually asked who zab would kick first if he was playing in the derby .... tevez tevez

Kevcod said:
Bluearmy said:

He was known as the "flying postman" for the rest of his career.

Was only thinking of this the other day when i watched the 150m sprint in town and heard that Bolt had been at the rags.
I'd wondered if they'd had a little comp against him and then thought how fast are some of the pklayers in our league?

I know Ned used to be a sprint champ in school anyone reckon we've got quicker?

Who doyou think is the quickest in the league?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.