Running the length of Africa

MCFC1993

I don't know if anyone has come across this but a guy from the UK named Russ Cook goes by the name of Hardest Geezer is attempting to run the entire length of Africa, as he dubs it 'Project Africa'. He's aiming to become the first person to ever do it, along with raising some money for The Running Charity and Water Aid. He was going to start at the top of Africa and run south but due to visa issues with Algeria, he's starting in South Africa and running north. The project is going to take 6 months, it's 16,000km and he's aiming for a marathon a day, he's actually averaging more than that at the moment. He's on about day 16.

He's giving regular updates on his twitter page:

The twitter page is about 2 weeks ahead of the youtube videos.

Youtube Trailer:

Route he is running, this was pre-visa issues, so I believe he's doing the below but in reverse:

He has filmed a few preparation videos but here are the video's where he starts/has started:

He's obviously not tackled any major problems on the run yet barring the gruelling effort of actually doing the run but I'm on about danger to his life etc...

This wasn't meant to be a promo (but I suppose it is in a way), just a bit in awe of the whole project.

Anyone else following this?

I don't know if anyone has come across this but a guy from the UK named Russ Abbot goes by the name of Hardest Geezer is attempting to run the entire length of Africa, as he dubs it 'Project Africa'. He's aiming to become the first person to ever do it, along with raising some money for The Running Charity and Water Aid. He was going to start at the top of Africa and run south but due to visa issues with Algeria, he's starting in South Africa and running north. The project is going to take 6 months, it's 16,000km and he's aiming for a marathon a day, he's actually averaging more than that at the moment. He's on about day 16.

He's giving regular updates on his twitter page:

The twitter page is about 2 weeks ahead of the youtube videos.

Youtube Trailer:

Route he is running, this was pre-visa issues, so I believe he's doing the below but in reverse:

He has filmed a few preparation videos but here are the video's where he starts/has started:

He's obviously not tackled any major problems on the run yet barring the gruelling effort of actually doing the run but I'm on about danger to his life etc...

This wasn't meant to be a promo (but I suppose it is in a way), just a bit in awe of the whole project.

Anyone else following this?

Did Bella Emberg not fancy it?

Won't last 5 minutes in the Sahara, let alone middle of the Serengeti...View attachment 77978
Someone should tell Bolt his record is about to get fucked.
chased-by-a-lion-jackie-chan.gif

That’s class, that. Top banana!

Got to be a nutter though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.