Running thread

Did a run in midday heat yesterday...wearking a bloody hat as I'd not stuck product on my 'still' lockdown hair.
Managed a 4:49/km over 5k pace though which felt right.

Love running in this weather. Its hard and i feel it big time, but i love the sweat it brings on and feels like ive had a real good workout. just need to ensure i drink a load of water now to rehydrate.

Question though, is it good or bad for you running in this heat? Or does it make little difference?

Love running in this weather. Its hard and i feel it big time, but i love the sweat it brings on and feels like ive had a real good workout. just need to ensure i drink a load of water now to rehydrate.

Question though, is it good or bad for you running in this heat? Or does it make little difference?
It must be good, so long as you take plenty of water before and after. I got a new pair of running shoes yesterday, so went out on a shorter, 6k run at 5pm. It was HOT! I'll probably do the same as the temperatures drop to the mid-twenties, later this evening.

Only bad if you lose too much water and electrolytes and don’t replace them.

Also if you have thyroid problems! The thyroid doesn’t suit exercising in the heat if it can’t produce certain hormones.

You can start to hallucinate if you get too hot as well.

I have read if extreme cases where people’s muscle cells have overheated so much their muscle cells have melted... but I wouldn’t worry about i too much in temperate British 30° heat!

Only bad if you lose too much water and electrolytes and don’t replace them.

Also if you have thyroid problems! The thyroid doesn’t suit exercising in the heat if it can’t produce certain hormones.

You can start to hallucinate if you get too hot as well.

I have read if extreme cases where people’s muscle cells have overheated so much their muscle cells have melted... but I wouldn’t worry about i too much in temperate British 30° heat!
I do actually have thyroid problems as have an inactive thyroid and am on medication (Levythyroxine) for it. Would never of known I had an issue and only came up on some blood tests I was having. Hopefully no muscle meltage so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.