Running thread

i took out a gym membership 2 months ago to do weight training along with my street running.

I've been 5 times in 2 months (one was for changing clothes for the 10k manchester)

Should i cancel? freeze it or keep paying nearly £30 and unsure if i should go?

i took out a gym membership 2 months ago to do weight training along with my street running.

I've been 5 times in 2 months (one was for changing clothes for the 10k manchester)

To be really blunt, you don't sound like you're very motivated to get in there multiple times a week.

I remember asking myself why people took gym memberships out and never used them, that it was a waste of money.
Perhaps why I never bothered. An injury led me to the gym (on surgeons suggestions) and I ended up loving the place.
I go pretty much every day but the fee includes lots of classes (and it's a big gym with lots of different rooms, a pool etc. Very social too.
Maybe shop around for other gyms or maybe it just isn't your thing (grab a kettlebell for home?)

Back running after still being hammered by Covid 7/8 months on.
Worried not so much about huffing and puffing but the heart issues associated with long Covid (palms/erratic and rapid heard beats despite not pushing it).

So far so good and I think I'm on an upward curve now.
Managed about 5/6 runs over the past fortnight including two park runs. A 5k park run that was 13 minutes over my PB and ten mins from my average time.

Part of the trouble is I've put this heavy timber around my midriff (man tits and belly essentially).
I bet I put at least a stone on so was hard running with that too.
Not sure what else I can do to get rid of it apart from slowly deplete it through running and gym work (I barely drink and eat healthily).
Not a look I'm keen on before but I'm one of those that like things just right (which although can be a burden can also mean I have a determination to sort stuff like that out).

As an aside, does anyone run with bluetooth In Ear Monitors/Earphones?

I hate my wired pair as they often end up getting pulled out, but conscious in ears may fall out when I'm running?

I've seen a pair of Moonlight Sparks that come highly recommended (around £60) so may get them and the other option is just to buy some cheap bluetooth earphones with the strap for the ears (on top of the moonlights for non running listening).

As an aside, does anyone run with bluetooth In Ear Monitors/Earphones?

I hate my wired pair as they often end up getting pulled out, but conscious in ears may fall out when I'm running?

I've seen a pair of Moonlight Sparks that come highly recommended (around £60) so may get them and the other option is just to buy some cheap bluetooth earphones with the strap for the ears (on top of the moonlights for non running listening).
Try Aftershokz. A few on here use them, including me. Really good.

Well done on getting back to running too.

I remember asking myself why people took gym memberships out and never used them, that it was a waste of money.
Perhaps why I never bothered. An injury led me to the gym (on surgeons suggestions) and I ended up loving the place.
I go pretty much every day but the fee includes lots of classes (and it's a big gym with lots of different rooms, a pool etc. Very social too.
Maybe shop around for other gyms or maybe it just isn't your thing (grab a kettlebell for home?)

Mines a puregym near me.

By the time ive got my stuff on, I end up running anyways. And il go running 3/4/5 times a week depending on my shin pain.

Do need to do some more strength work (i have resistance bands here)

maybe i should just freeze it until weather is really crap and try again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.