Running thread

And amazing marathon runs everyone - v jealous and v minded to look at this next year!

Reactions: ob
Credit for completing another marathon. Learn what you can from it. How many have you done? Are you planning any more? I think you need everything in your favour to do your best time, from training to feeling good on the day to good weather etc. Well done.
Thanks
This was my 4th god they're hard!
Yes will be back next year.
I just get very anxious at times with everything and it had a field day on Sunday.

Seriously thinking of signing up for next years Manchester Marathon.
Only ran a half (around three of them) so not sure how feasible this aim is....
I have signed up for this. Will be my first one. Always struggled when doing Half's, but i'm not getting any younger and would love to tick a marathon off, so here we are!

I have signed up for this. Will be my first one. Always struggled when doing Half's, but i'm not getting any younger and would love to tick a marathon off, so here we are!
Go for it mate. I trained for Manchester when in my 20s, and ended up running it aged 60. I'm glad I did, as injuries since then would have prevented me from completing one. I'm going on 63 now.

Go for it mate. I trained for Manchester when in my 20s, and ended up running it aged 60. I'm glad I did, as injuries since then would have prevented me from completing one. I'm going on 63 now.
Hadn't the effects of the training worn off in the 40 years between that and actually doing the run? Or were you continuously training for 40 years - in which case, respect!

Hadn't the effects of the training worn off in the 40 years between that and actually doing the run? Or were you continuously training for 40 years - in which case, respect!
Haha. Never got round to running one back in the 80s, despite best intentions. I only really started running again about six years ago, and the guys on here convinced me to try for a marathon after completing the Bluemoon Virtual Half Marathon during the first lockdown. I'm so glad I put the effort in. It was a great experience.

Anyway, I only came on here to check in with my two 5km runs in the heat in Tenerife, today and Wednesday. Exhausting, but much better than running in the Manchester rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.