Russian invasion of Ukraine

As regards the post earlier about someone saying the supplies of ammunition and weaponry may dry up, that's not going to happen.

The tide has turned and every single democratic nation should be behind this push, even more than before, for Ukraine to regain the land stolen from them by Putin.
Agreed. There is no way the west would stop backing Ukraine with arms at this stage.

I thought it was a very odd post when I saw it in here yesterday, so I googled the first line. Seems like the majority of that post was lifted from a piece that appeared elsewhere online in various places - one of which was Russia Today. Wouldn't surprise me if it is was Kremlin-generated disinformation.

Although reading further, Der Spiegel was mentioned - and we all know how great they are !!!!

Agreed. There is no way the west would stop backing Ukraine with arms at this stage.

I thought it was a very odd post when I saw it in here yesterday, so I googled the first line. Seems like the majority of that post was lifted from a piece that appeared elsewhere online in various places - one of which was Russia Today. Wouldn't surprise me if it is was Kremlin-generated disinformation.

Although reading further, Der Spiegel was mentioned - and we all know how great they are !!!!
NATO countries in Europe are supplying Ukraine with amunition, but there are have been no new pledges of stuff for a month.
Ukraine needs 250+ 150mm howitzers to level up in the artillary war. At the moment Europe is not delivering their share. The US is.

Not quite - About a 1/5 of the order to be delivered this year.
The 980 K2 Black Panther tanks manufactured by Hyundai Rotem are cracking tanks. Tankies love them.
The 640 K9 Thunder self-propelled 150mm howitzers manufactured by Hanwha defence fire standard NATO long range artilary shells. Also 50 FA-50 trainer jets.

150 tanks and 68 howitzers to be delivered this year. With a manufacturing facility for the tanks and howitzers by 2026.

I guess Poland doesn't trust Germany or France.

Thanks for the clarification. I was told about it by a mate and took it at face value.

I think some of it is the fact that the US ( or Lockheed more accurately) have been hammered with orders so won’t be able to deliver quickly.

Some countries need to get their arses in gear and start supporting Ukraine militarily and financially. It should be no surprise that its the French and the Italians in Europe that are massively dragging their heels.

Not quite - About a 1/5 of the order to be delivered this year.
The 980 K2 Black Panther tanks manufactured by Hyundai Rotem are cracking tanks. Tankies love them.
The 640 K9 Thunder self-propelled 150mm howitzers manufactured by Hanwha defence fire standard NATO long range artilary shells. Also 50 FA-50 trainer jets.

150 tanks and 68 howitzers to be delivered this year. With a manufacturing facility for the tanks and howitzers by 2026.

I guess Poland doesn't trust Germany or France.
France have done very little to stem Russian aggression. As a leading light in the EU you would expect more ? Strange that when push come to shove they revert to type.

NATO countries in Europe are supplying Ukraine with amunition, but there are have been no new pledges of stuff for a month.
Ukraine needs 250+ 150mm howitzers to level up in the artillary war. At the moment Europe is not delivering their share. The US is.
Doesn't help when the vast majority of European nations have been vastly reducing their military spending and not keeping pace with NATO recommendations of 2% of gdp since the cold war. All except the UK and Poland. And guess who the two biggest European supporters are, yes the UK and Poland. France, Italy and Spain have been woeful in their support.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.