Russian invasion of Ukraine

I know in this country people too readily believe what is in the media, but Russians are on another planet. They have to be the most gullible people on earth. One of my best mates is married to a Russian and the shite she believes is completely off the scale, to the point her some of her views defy logic, they are that far fetched, all spoon feed to her by the Russian media.

On the one hand it’s comical, but it’s also a level of compliance that is allowing this dreadful war to continue because the Russian people are incapable of objective thought in sufficient numbers. They are far too easily manipulated.
Hey, we voted for Brexit even though we got both sides of the argument, so I'm not too critical of people getting only one side of a story and at risk of imprisonment if they seek out the other side.

I had emails with Russian Railways re the CL final at St Petersburg (about whether the Helsinki - StP train was running after Covid), and followed it up with some about the "war" against Ukraine, including that to invade and occupy the more pro-Russian parts of Ukraine, it was like the (in)famous WW2 line, "In order to liberate the town, we had to destroy it".

Isn't that what they might have meant by "we are bombing ourselves"?
Every time they hit the civilian object is “Ukrainians did it themselves”

Interesting developments on a geopolitical level for russia and the West in Kazakhstan, I think it was a month ago that the russian courts suspended exports on the Caspian Sea pipeline which will be causing the country a lot of concern as they are desperate to bypass Russia going forward.

Their equivalent of Nato is starting to look very shaky for putin if such levels of open support for Ukraine are allowed to take place in public areas and the president is still refusing to recognise the bogus breakaway republics.

They have also just announced yesterday that they are halting all arms exports...hmmm is the president thinking he may need them in the near future?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.