Russian invasion of Ukraine

If this does go tits up for the Russians fairly sharpish, I wonder how Putin will react, and how he will sell it to the folks back home. My guess is that there will be an attempt to call 'foul play' by the British and Americans, some far fetched idea about all the Ukranian troops being given secret drugs or something....

I think the only thing they can do is what they have been hinted at recently in some russian media, is that they make out they have been fighting all of NATO and not just Ukraine, so they can pretend that strong russia managed to hold on against the world but had to back out eventually to save their troops but only after completing their demilitarisation of Ukraine or something along those lines.

Im not sure how many will buy that but considering "european" russians have barely featured in the war it could be enough to keep the main population under control.

As you may imagine, i am staying away from the football threads at present.....

I really hope these counter attacks are consolidated and they further demoralise the Russian troops remaining.
Now, maybe some "locals" & those more in the know can advise....but how close would the UA forces need to get to bring the Kerch bridge within range?
Or do they have any systems at present that could target it?
As I really think that with all the pushes around Kharkiv & Kherson, taking out the bridge really would be a hammer blow that Putin could not revover from.

As you may imagine, i am staying away from the football threads at present.....

I really hope these counter attacks are consolidated and they further demoralise the Russian troops remaining.
Now, maybe some "locals" & those more in the know can advise....but how close would the UA forces need to get to bring the Kerch bridge within range?
Or do they have any systems at present that could target it?
As I really think that with all the pushes around Kharkiv & Kherson, taking out the bridge really would be a hammer blow that Putin could not revover from.
Maximum range of their artillery missiles is around 100km at present, of course if they can (and they have proven it already) destroy Russian anti-air defences, then the sir force can strike anywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.