Russian invasion of Ukraine

BBC argument.

I always find CNN a good read with reports and good videos featuring ex-American Generals, ex-Diplomatic Politicians, and experts who know about Putin and Russia.

Lol!

“In connection with the creation of a threat of encirclement, allied troops were withdrawn from the settlement of Krasny Liman to more advantageous lines,” the ministry said on Telegram, using the Russian name for the town of Lyman.

Russian state media Russia-24 reported that the reason for Russia’s withdrawal was because “the enemy used both Western-made artillery and intelligence from North Atlantic alliance countries.”

So the possibility that Putin drops a nuclear bomb on Kiev decimating the place like Hiroshima and the west's reaction doesn't scare you a bit ?
We can now detect missiles as soon as they launch, have the means to knock them out of the sky and prevent them from hitting their target. So instead of the "4 minute warning" we have around an hour.

We've had engineers and scientists working for decades on this very problem, and whilst still a credible threat, nothing short of a MAD policy will present a severe concern. The issues arise when they decide to launch all at once, as it's down to a law of averages that at least a dozen will hit their targets.

Launch a large scale nuclear arsenal to destroy one city? Not likely, especially as he knows NATO WILL respond and by then he'll have spunked his load. P.S. Hiroshima is completely rebuilt and thriving. Mazda Cars has it's base there. Things will be fine, Putin is a desperate man making bluff and bluster statement in order to appear "stronk". The Ukrainians will have the final say.

It's getting very scary this.
I watch plenty about WWI & II and the futility of both those horrific wars.
This could lead to a third and all the mass destruction, misery and death it would entail.
Are our leaders taking us down this path again, they won't be the one's doing the fighting.
its only Putin taking us down this path, i seriously doubt he'l be about come the new year, its ok for him to crawl into a bunker somewhere but the chain of command have familys and to get a nuke airborn he has to have clearance, i think one of those in the chain is the Russian MOD who he is falling out with on a daily basis,i think we will see Russia do a full retreat back into Crimea in the hope they can keep that of course Ukraine may want to push further

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.