Russian invasion of Ukraine

ROBIN HORSFALL:

How was the Kerch Bridge taken down? Since the report that the Kerch Bridge was down today, I have read many theories about how the bridge could have been destroyed. Some were feasible, most were not. During my military service I had considerable training in explosives and understand some of the requirements to bring down those sections of bridge that were damaged. The shock wave from high explosive travels at over 27,000 feet per second. At this speed the pressure created shatters inflexible targets but will push or lift steel objects like the Kerch Bridge. Explosions reflect and bounce and take the easiest route of escape. If they are on a road the force will be directed upwards leaving a small crater. If on a wall, the wall will reflect the force outwards directing a sideways hit on a target. In the air the force is spherical traveling in all direction unless shaped and directed. In water the charge is absorbed quickly unless it is initiated while in contact with the target. If this happens the water works as a buffer directing all the force into the target. If we consider this brief explanation and view the video coverage again. It appears that the sections of bridge were lifted from below causing them to twist and fall into the water. It is my opinion that the best way to achieve this would be by initiating a device on the surface of the sea, using the water to reflect the force upwards beneath the bridge. To achieve this effect, it may be that a remote-controlled boat was positioned beneath the bridge and activated. A boat can carry sufficient materiel to create the size of explosive seen in the coverage and enough to lift the spans. There is some video coverage that suggest a boat arrived under the bridge just before the event. I qualify this by saying that this is my evaluation based on the information available, video imagery and my personal knowledge. I could be in error. Time will tell.
Robin Horsfall, that name sounds familiar, isn't he ex SAS, and was at the Iranian embassy seige? If so will definitely know his onions.

Satalite view if the bridge this afternoon. As can be seen one span on one carriageway has gone either side of a support pillar and one of the railway box girder sections has gone. The blackend charged mess of the other carriageway must be badly damaged
To reopen the road ridge there must be a temporary bridges diagonally across both carriage ways at each end if the break.
I seriously doubt it can support heavy trucks.IMG_20221008_204439_190.jpg

Last edited:
Russia posting a vid of a train moving in the pitch black and that they have tested the line as working.

Find it seriously hard to believe they have managed to clear that train wreck and fix all the buckled steel in less than 24 hours lol. Satellite pics tomorrow will show if they are telling the truth.

Russia posting a vid of a train moving in the pitch black and that they have tested the line as working.

Find it seriously hard to believe they have managed to clear that train wreck and fix all the buckled steel in less than 24 hours lol. Satellite pics tomorrow will show if they are telling the truth.
As ever, their words will show if they are telling the truth. They are the most dishonest nation on earth. No mean feat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.