Russian invasion of Ukraine

Will be hard to find shards of light for the Ukranians once this is all over as nothing will ever be able to replace the horrors they have witnessed and the loved ones and homes so many have lost. However, Grozny the Chechen capital was the most destroyed city ever on planet earth after the russians used the same level of precision strikes to flatten it in 2002, but it is now a very modern looking city with modern skyscrapers, apartments and new transport system.

EU/G7 funding and using the many billions of frozen russian assets held by the central banks will go a long way towards the reconstruction of the many cities destroyed in Ukraine and I am sure they will get fast tracked into the EU and fall under their umbrella (can't see russia ever agreeing to reparations) . They will also fall under some form of an EU security pact if NATO is a stretch too far which will hopefully allow nation to focus on having a 'tomorrow' and start to slowly recover from this nightmare.

The russians can continue to believe in their alternative reality and just like the East Berliners enviously looked over the wall to the West of their city, I predict in teh future even those brainwashed cult members will one day finally click that something isn't quite right in their own backyard.
Very unfair reference. The East Germans were hold prisoners by their own version of dictatorship and freed themselves. That's nothing I would expect by the Russian people anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.