Russian invasion of Ukraine

Is Putin throwing his conscripts into the fight in the knowledge that they will be wiped out? In short, why is he killing off his own ‘poor’ people?
I don't know the russian system really, but the way I see it, is he's conscripting people that are very much from deprived areas well away from moscow (different racial profiles too - nazi behaviour in fact), even prisons, especially political prisoners, maybe his plan is to lower the population of these people to create a more "pure russian" (see hitler).

It certainly doesn't seem to be a way to win a "war" to me, so what is it exactly ? Other than genocide against certain areas of his own population ?

Having said that I'm not sure what he gains from it. He's currently killing more of his own population than he is of his "enemy" in Ukraine.

I don't know the russian system really, but the way I see it, is he's conscripting people that are very much from deprived areas well away from moscow (different racial profiles too - nazi behaviour in fact), even prisons, especially political prisoners, maybe his plan is to lower the population of these people to create a more "pure russian" (see hitler).

It certainly doesn't seem to be a way to win a "war" to me, so what is it exactly ? Other than genocide against certain areas of his own population ?

Having said that I'm not sure what he gains from it. He's currently killing more of his own population than he is of his "enemy" in Ukraine.
Russia has negative population growth. It needs more families to have more children. Sending young men to their deaths doesn't help.
Not sure if the ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine were offered the chance of citizenship and incentives to move to Russia and start families? That might have helped...

Russia has negative population growth. It needs more families to have more children. Sending young men to their deaths doesn't help.
I think a lot they are sending to the frontline death are older than that, 40's at least, they already have a chronic shortage of "young men", which makes it all the stranger.

No idea about ethenic russians in east Ukraine (ie Luhansk/Donetsk), but they've already been fighting there for 8 years, so I wonder how many are left anyway ?

I think a lot they are sending to the frontline death are older than that, 40's at least, they already have a chronic shortage of "young men", which makes it all the stranger.

No idea about ethenic russians in east Ukraine (ie Luhansk/Donetsk), but they've already been fighting there for 8 years, so I wonder how many are left anyway ?
It would be interesting to know the actual effect of this war on the population of Russia. I've seen it stated that 700,000 men of conscription age left the country, then if you add on deaths in the conflict of 70,000 and counting that is a very large drop in the male fighting age population.

On the other hand, around a million Ukranians are said to have been taken to Russia, but is that largely women and children?

So overall population up by 300K, but maybe 500K reduction in young males of fighting age, which is presumably going to negatively affect the birth rate going forward.

In addition, there is a serious 'brain drain' among those that have left to avoid the draft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.