Russian invasion of Ukraine

"Wars are won not with bullets, but with logistics and communication" can't remember who the quote is from or even if I got it dead on (although the gist of it is correct) but it's extremely accurate.
Sounds like a paraphrase of Pershing’s ‘infantry wins battles, but logistics wins wars’ quote from WWI. Right then, right now.

"Wars are won not with bullets, but with logistics and communication" can't remember who the quote is from or even if I got it dead on (although the gist of it is correct) but it's extremely accurate.
All wars are wars of attrition. You need massive supplies of stuff to keep an army fighting. Was the same in WW2.

All wars are wars of attrition. You need massive supplies of stuff to keep an army fighting. Was the same in WW2.

Which is why it took until June 6th 1944 for there to be a move on Occupied Europe. We needed American troops backing logistics food etc etc etc and our development of Mulberry Harbours and PLUTO before such an operation could even be considered

Yep. Germans lost on the eastern front as Stalin had moved the factories behind the Urals (so they couldn't harm their manufacturing/supply capacity) and the Germans couldn't get proper winter gear and supplies to their soldiers.
Edit: Stalin, not Putin, think I must be brain damaged or something.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.