Russian invasion of Ukraine

The one thing I find slightly odd about this whole conflict is despite living in an age of unprecedented access to cameras, body cams, drones etc etc there seems to be remarkably little footage of what are clearly huge scale battles and bombardments that have obviously taken place resulting in massive damage to infrastructure and huge casualty numbers on both sides.

All we seem to see are the post battle scenes or the occasional brief bit of footage of one individual tank getting hit by an artillery shell or drone dropping a bomb on it.

Based on the footage that has been shown on MSM or Social Media you'd think all this conflict involved was very minor tit for tat skirmishes between very small groups of individual personnel or vehicles rather than the all out war and wholesale destruction that is actually taking place.

I'm not personally wanting to view scenes of huge battles and bombardments and the suffering, death and destruction that comes with them, I'm just surprised there's not more footage of it.

FpJkhmQWYAEQhUg

The one thing I find slightly odd about this whole conflict is despite living in an age of unprecedented access to cameras, body cams, drones etc etc there seems to be remarkably little footage of what are clearly huge scale battles and bombardments that have obviously taken place resulting in massive damage to infrastructure and huge casualty numbers on both sides.

All we seem to see are the post battle scenes or the occasional brief bit of footage of one individual tank getting hit by an artillery shell or drone dropping a bomb on it.

Based on the footage that has been shown on MSM or Social Media you'd think all this conflict involved was very minor tit for tat skirmishes between very small groups of individual personnel or vehicles rather than the all out war and wholesale destruction that is actually taking place.

I'm not personally wanting to view scenes of huge battles and bombardments and the suffering, death and destruction that comes with them, I'm just surprised there's not more footage of it.
I suspect it unfolds a bit slower and from greater distance than what you see in films etc. As an example the shelling of some key targets will go on for weeks and months and it's the accumulation that looks so bleak. But not much happens hour to hour.

I suspect it unfolds a bit slower and from greater distance than what you see in films etc. As an example the shelling of some key targets will go on for weeks and months and it's the accumulation that looks so bleak. But not much happens hour to hour.
Also when you think that artillary usually has a range of 10-15 miles there is a large distance between when things are fired and landed, there is no way to get footage of both firing and landing. or at least very unlikley to get any.

Also when you think that artillary usually has a range of 10-15 miles there is a large distance between when things are fired and landed, there is no way to get footage of both firing and landing. or at least very unlikley to get any.
I'm not so sure about that,TBH.
I could be wrong,but,dont they have drones watching the targets and then the drone operator tells the artillery crew to adjust fire accordingly?

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.