Russian invasion of Ukraine

Watching that fat fascist slug Prigozhin stood on a hill in Donbas like some trumped up general makes me think why we can't just take the fucker out..?

I did read what you wrote.

For clarity, are you saying that the Trident missiles onboard our subs are for UK use only, as they would not be compatible with US subs?
Trident as a platform has three separate parts - the warhead, the missile and the submarine.

The submarine is built by BAE in Barrow and operated entirely by the Royal Navy at Faslane.

The Trident missile is built in the US by Lockheed Martin but the warhead is built in the UK by AWE.

The missiles are therefore shareable but the warheads aren't and without a warhead a nuclear missile is just a tin can rocket.

Trident as a platform has three separate parts - the warhead, the missile and the submarine.

The submarine is built by BAE in Barrow and operated entirely by the Royal Navy at Faslane.

The Trident missile is built in the US by Lockheed Martin but the warhead is built in the UK by AWE.

The missiles are therefore shareable but the warheads aren't and without a warhead a nuclear missile is just a tin can rocket.
Which is exactly what I have been saying if you look at the posts

Watching that fat fascist slug Prigozhin stood on a hill in Donbas like some trumped up general makes me think why we can't just take the fucker out..?
He will be well away from any front line....probably chatting shit,while some of his cronies fire shots in the air behind the camera,making it sound like he is at the front.

Slava Ukraini.

Which is exactly what I have been saying if you look at the posts
Me as well actually. The UGM-133 MIRV (Multiple Independent Rentry Vehicle) available from the US manufactuer has to be customised by AWE to fit UK warheads also a heavily UK customised version of the base US W76 warhead. The warhead itself will be updated to the W76-1/Mk4A at some point soon as the base W76 unit components are end-of-life and unlike the ruskies we like to make sure stuff works!

Incidently, as if now warheads travelling at 18,030 mph (mach 24) can't be shot down - though who knows what the future holds.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.