Russian invasion of Ukraine

Suggested a few pages back that the Russian inability to supply fresh drinking water would prove debilitating.

I await blaming Western bio-labs for shite Russian logistics.
It’s also a rather clever way to get off the line, at least for a while, and considerably less grisly than some alternatives. If the Russians are unable to supply fresh drinking water to their front lines, then I would imagine that they’re also unable to supply appropriate vaccines and saline solutions, which means that the afflicted have to be transported further back. Would expect more of this as the summer warms but also problems with the supply of drinking water to the civilIan populations in the occupied areas.

It’s also a rather clever way to get off the line, at least for a while, and considerably less grisly than some alternatives. If the Russians are unable to supply fresh drinking water to their front lines, then I would imagine that they’re also unable to supply appropriate vaccines and saline solutions, which means that the afflicted have to be transported further back. Would expect more of this as the summer warms but also problems with the supply of drinking water to the civilIan populations in the occupied areas.

The dam that was blown up, wasn’t that a source of drinking water for the Crimean Peninsula? The logistics of sorting that problem if so will become apparent over the next few weeks.

The dam that was blown up, wasn’t that a source of drinking water for the Crimean Peninsula? The logistics of sorting that problem if so will become apparent over the next few weeks.
I read that 85% of Crimea’s water needs were met via the adjoining canal, a fifth of which went on direct human use, but, obviously, those needs cannot now be fulfilled. There will be bore holes on the peninsula but insufficient, and I’m not sure the Russian plans to build three desalination plants ever got off the ground. Of course, if the Russians are unable to maintain basic utilities, then that will hardly enamour them to the local population, especially when it becomes evident that they’re taking water from the Crimeans to slake the thirst of their troops.

All rather reminiscent of the Crimean War when Florence Nightingale arrived to find more British men dying of disease (including cholera) than battlefield wounds.

I read that 85% of Crimea’s water needs were met via the adjoining canal, a fifth of which went on direct human use, but, obviously, those needs cannot now be fulfilled. There will be bore holes on the peninsula but insufficient, and I’m not sure the Russian plans to build three desalination plants ever got off the ground. Of course, if the Russians are unable to maintain basic utilities, then that will hardly enamour them to the local population, especially when it becomes evident that they’re taking water from the Crimeans to slake the thirst of their troops.

All rather reminiscent of the Crimean War when Florence Nightingale arrived to find more British men dying of disease (including cholera) than battlefield wounds.
And Nightingale made it worse; there was an open sewer within the hospital at Scutari. Wounded troops fared better in the field hospital and Nightingale finally twigged why. Her later career as an epidemiologist (fired by her experience in Crimea) compiling data on disease and its causes is her real claim to fame. She was well connected and got government money for her work.

155th Naval Infantry must be sick to death of the sight of Ukraine's 72nd Mech Brigade.....They've got hold of them again near Pavlivka,Donetsk Region...About 4km Southwest of Vuhledar.
Another 4km South of Pavlivka is Yehorivka.
This is where Vostok Battalion are......Vostok v 72nd Mech Brigade,will be a hell of a battle.....ALL battle hardened.
They've gone toe to toe before.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.