Russian invasion of Ukraine

I see on my occasional visits to this thread some speculation about the cause of Saturday's events. The above article, by the leading western commentator on the internal politics of Mordor, is the best summary I've seen in English. Most of The Economist's online content is behind a paywall, but I registered a while ago and am able to use that login to view this article. I assume the same opportunity to register and view a certain number of articles for free is still available.

Good read that. I'd add that when playing off one side against the other to balance power, you don't want either side to actually win, fine in politics but particularly counterproductive when at war.

Bizarrely watched the below this morning and was hugely impressed with the way he spoke.

Thanks. I'll look at that later. He also does a weekly podcast called 'In Moscow's Shadows' if anyone's interesting in hearing his take on Mordor's domestic politics on a regular basis.

very interesting

Putin admitted that "Wagner" was financed by the state. Earlier, the Russian authorities denied this.The United States considers the "Wagner Group" to be a transnational criminal organization. The group and its associated individuals have been under US sanctions since 2017.

very interesting

Putin admitted that "Wagner" was financed by the state. Earlier, the Russian authorities denied this.The United States considers the "Wagner Group" to be a transnational criminal organization. The group and its associated individuals have been under US sanctions since 2017.
I think Peter Zeihan did a video yesterday saying all the assets they have acquired can now be seized due to Russia admitting they are part of the military.

very interesting

The US has sanctioned various companies for trading with Wagner especially in Africa. Includes companies from UAE. UAE needs to tread carefully or relationships with UK, USA could be harmed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.