Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'm not sure if RuSSia have modified their reasons for this SMO/war recently, as they do seem to change them according to how they are doing or to fit in with public opinion. But I think that there really needs to be a big statemtn made by "the west"/NATO and all of Ukraines supporters.
They have all provided resources and assistance to Ukraine making them a part of this ...so why not make that small extra step?
Put NATO troops into the West of the country, or perhaps to the West of the Dnipro River. Purely for defensive, support and logistics. Surely this would then deter all the long range missle attacks on UKR infrastructure? It would remove any missguided attempts/ideas to launch attacks from Belarus and allow UKR to devote their efforts to the real front lines.
I appreciate that this is getting dangerously close to actual engagment in fighting, but with the resources already poured in, surely this would limit Russian drone attacks and allow for more focus.
As much as we’d like to sell this, it’s simply not going to happen! NATO troops on the ground REALLY? NATO should have adopted Ukraine but they didn’t so here we find ourselves!

As much as we’d like to sell this, it’s simply not going to happen! NATO troops on the ground REALLY? NATO should have adopted Ukraine but they didn’t so here we find ourselves!

When it was possible there was no Ukrainian appitite for joining NATO. It was only after 2014 the public wanted it and by then it was too late.

No, it doesn’t seem to have been covered by anything in the news online. It was a thread in a forum from a guy who works for the MOD. It centred around “pirates” bribing guards and key staff on Russian nuclear sub pens. Taking it out for a spin, going back to base and later, as the nukes were on a routine reloading, one was taken. It was reported to key governments because the Russians basically wanted it found, the governments then went mental and threatened all sorts of sanctions unless all nukes were removed from Russian subs. The report was that nukes were removed. The rouge nuke was not found. It was 10 years ago, which does leave time for a change in policy but the Russians are so bent and disorganised I doubt they did re-arm. They certainly don’t have the maintenance budget or activities the UK does for Trident.
How exactly is Blackbeard maintaining and stabilising the nuclear warhead?

Not sure why,but the main road between Kreminna and Svatove,is being obliterated,by Ukrainian artillery....Luhansk Region.

Slava Ukraini.

There was a report in the last couple of weeks about a large build up of Russian troops up that way. Probably trying to block them moving down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.