Russian invasion of Ukraine

@SPIDERBOY

F1GBTTeXsAEA1vK
Where is that?

Russia has a stockpile of cluster munitions and will consider using them against Ukraine “if they are used against us,” President Vladimir Putin said.

Putin’s comments come just days after Ukraine received a delivery of American-made cluster munitions, though a top Ukrainian military official told CNN they had not yet been used.

“Russia has a sufficient supply of various types of cluster munitions,” the Russian leader said during an interview with a pro-Kremlin journalist.

“If they are used against us, we reserve the right to mirror actions.”

I have. Thanks for the summary.

The grind is on then. I guess because no one is taking big chunks of land then you don't hear as much about it.

Have the tanks sent over seen much action? Or is it still more of a artillery / MLRS long range style battleground?

In fairness things are not being overhyped as 1. You don’t telegraph your attacks and 2. It has been a slow grind without the big PR friendly breakthroughs.

As for the western aid, it’s being used and lost - the US twice publicly criticised Ukraine and their tactics and they’ve now had to change them so clearly the tech wasn’t being used correctly until now.

The key question is what comes next - from what we have been told, Ukraine have advanced around 100km so far but the defences only get deeper the further they push into Crimea, so barring a big breakthrough and dramatic collapse, with the muds starting early October, it is likely to mean another winter dug in and pushing back anything Russia wants to recklessly throw at them, before another big push next spring.

The risk next spring is that with the US campaigning in full stride, we in Europe will need to step up and ensure Ukraine has everything they need, and also another winter of high energy prices will inevitably have an impact on public opinion.

People will call me negative I’m sure, but anything more realistic than the idea that Putin will be strung up in Kiev next week causes tantrums on this thread.

The heavy western tanks are used to pick targets off at long range 1.5km - 2.5km prior to trench assaults. The targets are spotted by drone operators. Very effective they are too.
The French light tanks are used as mobile artilary Though there role will change if a breakthrough occurs.
The critical part of the Ukrainian strategy is effective counter battery fire and spotting and taking out artilary. Conventional artilary is the only advantage that the Russians has and it is now being rapidly eroded. HIMARS+M270 is now being used closer to the front line lines to take out artilary and local supply logistics. JDAM and Storm Shadow are now being used to take out longer range targets.
mate, there must be some Cossack blood in you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.