Russian invasion of Ukraine

When you can't admit you are using WW2 tanks and tactics last deployed in Enemy at the Gate I suppose you have to rationalise things somehow

The thing people forget, is that Ukraine troops were here training in their thousands, just to use our tactics, that is why it'll look like our tactics. Not only that, but many other NATO forces tactics too, so NATO tactics will be common.

The thing people forget, is that Ukraine troops were here training in their thousands, just to use our tactics, that is why it'll look like our tactics. Not only that, but many other NATO forces tactics too, so NATO tactics will be common.

yeah but thanks to Putin and his control of the information in Russia that clown will be totally unaware of that

When you can't admit you are using WW2 tanks and tactics last deployed in Enemy at the Gate I suppose you have to rationalise things somehow

11 years ago, pootin and ruSSia were telling the world that Britain is a small island that nobody listens to.

It's been constant throughout pootin's "special military operation," they always mention Britain is doing this, Britain is doing that .

Not so fuckin' small now, are we?

11 years ago, pootin and ruSSia were telling the world that Britain is a small island that nobody listens to.

It's been constant throughout pootin's "special military operation," they always mention Britain is doing this, Britain is doing that .

Not so fuckin' small now, are we?

Like the UK public got done over Covid and people leeched off money that should have gone on the greater good that what the Russian Military has had for decades - money leeched out in corruption which is why they are having to de-mothball old equipment like tanks. Mind you if things got tasty for us I wouldn't fancy the museum at Bovington surviving without being stripped of assets

Like the UK public got done over Covid and people leeched off money that should have gone on the greater good that what the Russian Military has had for decades - money leeched out in corruption which is why they are having to de-mothball old equipment like tanks. Mind you if things got tasty for us I wouldn't fancy the museum at Bovington surviving without being stripped of assets
Russians have been using obsolete stuff for decades. Back in the early 2010’s when I was working in Republic of Congo there a small but growing group of Russian mercenaries in country. They usually flew helicopters - a combination of troop transports and gunships (the Congolese government hardly had any at this point) and the kit they were using was ancient. I got to know one guy in passing as he drank in the same place in Brazzaville as all the NGO staff and MSF medics. He was flying a troop transport converted to a gunship and it looked completely knackered - bits were held on with duct tape and zip ties. I assumed he’s just bought it cheap off the Russian Air Force but he pointed out that he’d actually leased it from them and it was still a part of their current inventory. I looked at it and wondered how long it would have lasted coughing its way into Poland had the big one kicked off before it was either shot down or something vital dropped off. I’m guessing minutes.

He asked me if I wanted a trip round Brazzaville in it and I politely declined, not just because it looked more knackered than my car, but also because I never actually saw him sober.

Russians have been using obsolete stuff for decades. Back in the early 2010’s when I was working in Republic of Congo there a small but growing group of Russian mercenaries in country. They usually flew helicopters - a combination of troop transports and gunships (the Congolese government hardly had any at this point) and the kit they were using was ancient. I got to know one guy in passing as he drank in the same place in Brazzaville as all the NGO staff and MSF medics. He was flying a troop transport converted to a gunship and it looked completely knackered - bits were held on with duct tape and zip ties. I assumed he’s just bought it cheap off the Russian Air Force but he pointed out that he’d actually leased it from them and it was still a part of their current inventory. I looked at it and wondered how long it would have lasted coughing its way into Poland had the big one kicked off before it was either shot down or something vital dropped off. I’m guessing minutes.

He asked me if I wanted a trip round Brazzaville in it and I politely declined, not just because it looked more knackered than my car, but also because I never actually saw him sober.

It works when you are fighting and equally poorly equipped enemy but as Ukraine gets more inventory and training in the West its no longer a winning strategy - given the history out there as losses wrack up for sweet fuck all and if the ongoing war is taken onto Russian soil Putin becomes under threat from within

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.