Russian invasion of Ukraine

From "The Analyst":

FRONTLINE UPDATE

Kursk front had a good day for the Ukrainian side, as they managed to force a dramatic encirclement of Russian troops to the east of Kornevo. These are mostly conscripts with little training or experience, expected to surrender in the coming days.
The Ukrainian advance also cut off the railway line to Kornevo.
The attacks were marked by the usual lack of Russian communications and general disorganisation. To the south west just below the forest the second half of the operation to super-encircle Kornevo saw the old Russian 155th Marines up against the Ukrainian 186th Marines. The 155th was almost wiped out with its original trained troops in 2022-23 during the winter assault on Vuhledar, and so badly reduced less than 10 men were said to have survived it. Now reconstituted with a mix of contract soldiers and conscripts, many ran away, leaving the Ukrainians with a brand new straight out of the factory T-90M as a prize, fitted with all the latest Russian equipment.
The grand plan to encircle Kornevo is well under way.
Meanwhile the Ukrainians appear to be establishing defensive positions in some areas. Russia continues to dig trenches and defence lines around Kursk and the nuclear power station. I don’t think the Ukrainians would even consider trying to take it, but I get why the Russians think they might try.
With Russia controlling the biggest nuclear power station in Europe at Zaporhizia they’re afraid Ukraine might take the one at Kursk as a bargaining chip. Add to that it would have a huge negative energy supply effect on a wide region if it was deactivated. Russia doesn’t have a national grid system, it’s more regionally based.
Elsewhere the Oskil river front is becoming a concern. The Russians are making creeping advances in a key sector towards the river. If they cut the defenders in two then it’s going to force a near immediate retreat for Ukraine to the opposite bank or risk entrapment. Most of the bridges have been destroyed by Russian glide bombs. The Russians have long wanted the river as an effective border line. It’s not easy to get across it because it’s wide, and it would mean men and material could be diverted elsewhere from both sides once taken.
Russians have not taken Chasiv Yar or forced their way in as was believed. However Torestk is hard fought, the Russians continue manoeuvring advances at pace towards Pokrovsk and the salient they have created is now some 20km wide and 30 deep. If only Ukraine had an armoured fist it could have used to collapse it - before defences are built and it becomes impossible.
Further south Vuhledar is putting up a strong defence but the Russians now have the high ground and a distinct advantage.
In other news Zelensky fired the head of the Air Force for the loss of the F-16. At first I didn’t really understand why it was his fault, unless of course he was looking for an excuse to do it for some time. However, the pilot is said to have shot down at least four cruise missiles before the accident. There is strong rumour that it was in fact a blue on blue incident - hence the firing of the air force head. In the confusion of the night the F-16 may have been targeted by air defences by mistake - which possibly indicates why the pilot didn’t have time to eject. If he had a mechanical fault he would likely have had time. This is evidenced only in that the ejector seats were all newly refitted before delivery, as their firing charges had expired with age, so they almost certainly function.
Either way it has been an upsetting loss for the Ukrainians and the major was something of local hero, having been a Mig-29 pilot previously.
Overall the front lines outside of Kursk are showing stress. Ukrainians are said to be unhappy about the way Pokrovsk and its evacuation is being handled and why it’s become necessary so quickly.
Talk of what amounts to a Russian breakthrough has been used.
Meanwhile Kursk rolls on and you can’t but wonder how such high value troops would have helped stabilise the Central front.

Words of a Russian soldier....

Slava Ukraini.

I’ve just returned from the so-called "special military operation," and let me tell you—it's no longer a battlefield. It's a hunting ground. The Ukrainians have turned their focus on our unit, and when I say "hunting," I mean it in the most literal sense. Prisoners? Forget about it. They don't take any. They annihilate us on the spot, leaving no one behind.

Recently, there was supposed to be a rotation near Volchansk. The guys we were replacing never stood a chance. It’s like the devil himself walked in—nobody survived. Not a single soul left breathing. The neighbors didn’t even hear a thing, just dead silence. It was surgical, clean, and absolutely terrifying. You can tell these weren’t just any soldiers; these were experienced men, pros, who knew exactly what they were doing. Our guys, who had been fighting for years, weren’t fresh recruits—they were seasoned, hardened, and still, they were slaughtered like cattle.

Even the off-duty shift was executed, throats slit from ear to ear. It's like they've perfected the art of killing.

Now, every step forward feels like a step into the abyss. The thought of facing them again, of walking into that silent death... it's enough to make any man hesitate. I don’t know how much longer we can keep this up. The fear is spreading like wildfire through the ranks.

This isn’t a war—it’s a massacre, and we’re the prey.

Words of a Russian soldier....

Slava Ukraini.

I’ve just returned from the so-called "special military operation," and let me tell you—it's no longer a battlefield. It's a hunting ground. The Ukrainians have turned their focus on our unit, and when I say "hunting," I mean it in the most literal sense. Prisoners? Forget about it. They don't take any. They annihilate us on the spot, leaving no one behind.

Recently, there was supposed to be a rotation near Volchansk. The guys we were replacing never stood a chance. It’s like the devil himself walked in—nobody survived. Not a single soul left breathing. The neighbors didn’t even hear a thing, just dead silence. It was surgical, clean, and absolutely terrifying. You can tell these weren’t just any soldiers; these were experienced men, pros, who knew exactly what they were doing. Our guys, who had been fighting for years, weren’t fresh recruits—they were seasoned, hardened, and still, they were slaughtered like cattle.

Even the off-duty shift was executed, throats slit from ear to ear. It's like they've perfected the art of killing.

Now, every step forward feels like a step into the abyss. The thought of facing them again, of walking into that silent death... it's enough to make any man hesitate. I don’t know how much longer we can keep this up. The fear is spreading like wildfire through the ranks.

This isn’t a war—it’s a massacre, and we’re the prey.
Well, there is an easy option to stop this immediately. Pity they have a loon in charge

An hour or so ago, I saw a post on twitter about all the missiles the nazi cunts had fired at Karkiv and the picture of the 14 year old girl sitting on the park bench, with her shoulders covered by a blanket as she's been decapitated by shrapnel
I cannot shift this from my mind and am going to delete my twitter account
I really thought the ruSSians were cunts, but this single image has made me understand the level of hatred of Germans and the Japanese after WW2

An hour or so ago, I saw a post on twitter about all the missiles the nazi cunts had fired at Karkiv and the picture of the 14 year old girl sitting on the park bench, with her shoulders covered by a blanket as she's been decapitated by shrapnel
I cannot shift this from my mind and am going to delete my twitter account
I really thought the ruSSians were cunts, but this single image has made me understand the level of hatred of Germans and the Japanese after WW2
And the west do virtually nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.