Ryan Bertrand

I think we can look for better value whilst still maintaining quality.

If we spend £150m on fullbacks we can forget about Sanchez and replacements for Nolito, Delph, Kelechi and Fernando.

Sterling and Sane will have nobody who can rotate with.

There would be still cash left for Sanchez. We can't go into this season with one full back for each position.

Agreed & right now I'd be very happy with that .

Dont think they need to arrive 'world class' they just need to good with potential yo improve. Danny Rose was shite for ages before coming good last season. Trippier also came good last season. We just need to scout some decent players. Southampton seem to have a knack for identifying promising foreign players. Maybe we just need to hire their scouts!

There would be still cash left for Sanchez. We can't go into this season with one full back for each position.

If we spend around £150m on fullbacks that will take our spend to over £250m.

Sanchez will cost at least £50m-£60m. No way will we spend over £300m.

I hope you are right but we have put ourselves in a right mess having to buy 4 fullbacks.

I don't rate him bit he's better than what we've got. Better than what we had last season as well.

£50m for Walker seems resonable as well based on current transfer mkt.

That would give us
..............Ederson
Walker..VK....Stones...Bertrand
Kdb....Gundongan....David
Bernardo...Jesus....Sane

with

Sterling, Kun, Otamedi,Yaya, Kolarov, Dinho, Bravo on the bench which to be honest is not too shabby.

Do we need Sanchez? Maybe but if we only spend 80 million on the fullbacks we can probably afford him.

£30 million is a crazy amount of money for a solid but uninspiring fullback but it's probably about right in this current market. Add the homegrown status in too and you can't really argue. we just need to get it done asap.

I think we need to get over the ITK bollocks. What club in world football has two world class right/left fullbacks or even two PL class fullbacks.

The reason we alternated Kolarov and Clichy is that there was no pecking order. They were both shit. Ditto at RB recently with Pablo's legs having gone.

What in my view is most likely is

One top quality player on both sides with Dinho and Kolarov as back ups.

Bertrand and Walker aren't world class though. Mendy isn't currently either although he had a world class season, Alves is the only one we were after that was world class.

Plenty of teams have two sets of very capable fullbacks, Spurs being a good example. Chelsea play slightly differently with wing backs but all the talk coming from them is that they want to bring in an additional wing back for either side to compete with what they already have. they're so key in todays game and need to be the fittest players on the pitch, so rotation of them is a necessity and it would bee criminal for us not to have two options on either side come next season.

i'm actually okay with Kolarov being one of our left backs, i don't hate him there unlike others but i'm not sure Pep see's him there anymore. Dinho as an alternating right back though absolutely cannot happen. He performed there admirably but he's absolutely not a right back and numerous times last season was woefully exposed there to the point where Pep was forced to bring on Zab/Sagna and push him back into midfield. if we go into the season with Fernandinho as our second right back we will get nowhere.

I think we can look for better value whilst still maintaining quality.

If we spend £150m on fullbacks we can forget about Sanchez and replacements for Nolito, Delph, Kelechi and Fernando.

Sterling and Sane will have nobody who can rotate with.

Given the amount of combined minutes those four got last season I really don't think we need to go wild replacing them anyway. Jesus is essentially a new signing for this season and Bernardo offers another person going forward too. There are a couple of our youngsters that we'll be taking a look at pre season on top of that. If all of those were to leave, there's only really Fernando who id say needs a like for like replacement (preferably an upgrade) bringing in.

Given the amount of combined minutes those four got last season I really don't think we need to go wild replacing them anyway. Jesus is essentially a new signing for this season and Bernardo offers another person going forward too. There are a couple of our youngsters that we'll be taking a look at pre season on top of that. If all of those were to leave, there's only really Fernando who id say needs a like for like replacement (preferably an upgrade) bringing in.

Roberts will replace Nolito I reckon.

My hope is that we can still have enough to sign Alexis and replace Kelechi with him.

Best attack in the league and up there with Bayern then.

I don't rate him bit he's better than what we've got. Better than what we had last season as well.

£50m for Walker seems resonable as well based on current transfer mkt.

transfer fees are crazy right now, but thats just the standard price now. i agree on walker, just pay the 50m and get it done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.