Ryanair Sink to New Low! (Just how bad are these people?)

I have always avoided flying with RYANAIR unless there was absolutely no alternative because of some of the stories I had read in the past about their poor attitude to disabled passengers etc for e.g.
However, TBF, I used them to fly over to France for a short break recently,and when this became a slightly longer break because all flights were grounded during an unexpected air traffic controllers strike, they refunded my (not inconsiderable) hotel and food bills for an extra 4 nights away without any hassle, so fair play to them from me.

Mike D said:
Blue Mist said:
To the last 5 posters.

Please stop ruining a good moan by providing sensible, well thought out comments. This is Blue knee jerk reaction Moon siding with the Daily Mail. That in itself must be a first !!!

Maybe one over zealous clerk acted improperly but it is not headline new.

So to continue the thread...

I am shocked and outraged. It is disgraceful I am never going to fly with them again, (unless of course they fly to somewhere near where City are playing)

What about if he hadn't been a surgeon but a radicalised muslim claiming benefits to house his 14 kids instead. What would the headline have been for the Daily Fail then?

Shameless Irish owned airline place lives in jeopardy for £150 profit.

york away to this! said:
Pelly Greeny said:
I don't particularly like Ryanair but I don't think they've really done anything wrong here. They've offered him a full refund and an apology once they got confirmation that this was a genuine reason.

I dont think they've done it to stop the bad press it's generating as they don't appear to really give a shit what people think about them.

Press putting a negative slant on what was a generous gesture form Ryanair - despite the terrible circumstamces they had no obligation to refund him.

I have to say I'm with you here.

"Sad man demands free stuff!" - could have been the headline...
Correct; major non-story here. As soon as O'Leary had all the details, he offered a full refund and an apology. If anyone was to blame, it was his staff at Dublin airport. And, as someone else has intimated, I'm sure they get people trying it on all the time.

Ryanair wont mind this as it gets everybody talking about them again.

Ive flown with them many times and yet to have any problems

subavy8e.jpg

Top man

Is it me or are there loads of house fires in Leicester? Can remember three of late in the Asian community. Not trying to insinuate anything by that but it's pretty odd.

I'd never get home for a match if it wasn't for Ryanair.
Stick to the conditions when booking and all is sound.
Turn up with a hand luggage, a laptop and a guitar and you'll have
problems.It really is quite simple

TGR said:
Ryanair - they really are the pits of an excuse for an airline! Why? Read below:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2426352/Ryanair-forced-distraught-father-pay-160-change-flight-moments-learning-family-died-house-fire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fire.html</a>

Ryanair charged distraught surgeon £160 to change his flight home - after learning his entire family had died in a house fire

Dr Muhammad Taufiq Sattar had a flight booked from Dublin to Leicester
He tried to change flight after police said his family may have died in a fire
But Ryanair insisted on charging him £158 to get on an earlier flight
His wife Shehnila Taufiq, 47, and her children Jamal, 15, Bilal, 17, and Zainab,19, had been killed in a house fire last Friday
Ryanair offered its sincere condolences and a full refund to Dr Sattar
A teenager has been charged with murder in relation to the deaths

Surgeon Muhammad Taufiq Sattar had to pay nearly £160 to change his regular evening Ryanair flight to the UK to an earlier only moments after he was told it was likely his family were dead. The 52-year-old flew over to see his family in Leicester almost every week and had his return ticket booked to travel last Friday as usual. But after being woken and told at 3am last Friday that his family’s house was on fire, he immediately changed his plans deciding he needed to get over to the UK as soon as possible.

Arriving in Dublin Airport at around 5.30am, and just moments after Leicester Police had confirmed by phone that no member of his family had managed to escape the blaze, he approached the Ryanair check-in desk to see if he could change his ticket.

Distraught, and with tears streaming down his face, he explained why he had to change his flight from 9.40pm to East Midlands Airport in Leicester later in the day so he could catch the 6.30am flight to Birmingham instead. But he was told he would have to buy a new ticket.

The stunned neurosurgeon produced his credit card and was promptly charged €187.46 - approximately £158 - for a one-way ticket to Birmingham.
In his first interview since returning to his west Dublin home in Castleknock on Wednesday night, he told the Irish Daily Mail: ‘I don’t want to make a big deal about it but it did shock me. I really did not expect them to charge me.

‘I thought, given the circumstances, they might just let me transfer flights, as I had already paid for a return fare.’

Last night, Ryanair issued a brief statement after receiving questions about the matter from the Irish Daily Mail.

They've done nothing wrong in my book. Due to the number of mutters that try to use all sorts of stories to change flights etc, I can't blame them for what they did. I would have done the same.

As, soon as Airline bosses knew the score, full refund and apology.

Job done, no need for knee jerk reactions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.