Saúl Ñíguez

As long as we aren't banned I don't think the price is a barrier.
Let me rephrase, we certainly CAN pay 100m, I just don't think we will. It's not the type of transfer we've done the last few years and the club seem, in my mind, oddly sensitive to the optics of big signings like this. You'd imagine doubly so this summer.

80m ?

From what I have seen , he doesn't play the fernandinho role

Ndombele better option ?
Actually tbf Fernandinho didn't use to play the Fernandinho role.

Not sure entirely whether Pep intends to convert Saul Niguez, but it's a possibility.

For that price, yes fucking please. He may not play the same position in Madrid, but in Simeone's system I have to think Pep can utilize his defensive strengths when needed, and it's not like Fernandinho was a true holding midfielder at Shakhtar. Even with Pellegrini he played alongside Yaya.

Not saying I fully believe the reports, but this would be an excellent signing if true.

Would be over the moon if we got him. Ndombele and De Jong ticked most boxes but he has everything.

Perfect Fernandinho replacement, can play anywhere and has everything to his game. In my opinion, the only player who can do everything Fernandinho does in terms of goals, defence, aggression, breaking up play, starting counters, covering ground, pressing, physicality, aggression, stamina, heart. He’s only missed a handful of games through injury and can cope with long seasons playing 40/50 games.

Pep demands our players run through walls; since he was 19/20, he’s been playing with a damaged kidney and been pissing blood daily. Future captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.